Horror movies, reviews and more at buried.com
Horror movies, reviews and more at buried.com
Horror movies, reviews and more at buried.com
Horror movies, reviews and more at buried.com
Horror movies, reviews and more at buried.com
Horror Movie Reviews | Horror Fiction Reviews | Horror Interviews | Horror Editorials | Horror Movies Database
08.23.2017
Dracula World Order #1 (2012)
Fiction Review by The Gravedigger
07.06.12

Dracula World Order #1 (2012) This new comic begins in Romania, with a woman in a body cage getting blood sucked via a tentacled contraption. The Prince, Alexandra, shows up at the facility, which is well guarded. They have captured Vincent MaCready, the last of the vampire hunters. He's in a similar prison, behind a wall of glass. He tells the woman vampire at the controls of the lab to let him go and she refuses. They fight--and it turns out that she's Alexandru's vampire sister. And he's the son of Dracula. He frees an incredulous Macready, telling him that he wants to change things, turn the tide against his father. Macready agrees--as long as he can kill Dracula.

In the next chapter we have Alex's origin, how he witnessed his mother killing herself by walking into the sunlight, how he stopped aging when he was 22--and how he hates his evil, Nosferatu-looking father. In 2012 Dracula started a revolution, transforming the top 1% of the world into vampires so that the other 99% would be food and labor.

Back in the present, Alexandru leads the last of the vampire hunters--and they storm in on the experiments of Dr. Galvina, a skull-faced vampire who has just transformed a woman into a hybrid reptile. After they rescue her she joins them in their mission. The next stop is in the Arctic, where they come across another creature who is being experimented upon--the Frankenstein Monster. And Dracula finally shows up for a confrontation with is wayward son...

This is a great read, reminding me a bit of DAYBREAKERS crossed with BLADE, combined with the old Universal Monster movies. It's good to have a vampire tale featuring the baddest vampire of them all, Dracula. Highly recommended.

Writer: Ian Brill

Artists: Various


Read it? Rate it
Rating: 0.0 out of 10.0 - 0 votes cast total
buy horror book del.icio.us  |  digg  |  reddit

» BACK TO HORROR FICTION REVIEWS LIST
buy horror book


HORROR FICTION REVIEWS
978 total
Fiction Review Search:


HORROR FICTION REVIEW CATEGORIES
Horror Fiction A
Horror Fiction B
Horror Fiction C
Horror Fiction D
Horror Fiction E
Horror Fiction F
Horror Fiction G
Horror Fiction H
Horror Fiction I
Horror Fiction J
Horror Fiction K
Horror Fiction L
Horror Fiction M
Horror Fiction N
Horror Fiction O
Horror Fiction P
Horror Fiction Q
Horror Fiction R
Horror Fiction S
Horror Fiction T
Horror Fiction U
Horror Fiction V
Horror Fiction W
Horror Fiction X
Horror Fiction Y
Horror Fiction Z
Horror Fiction #
Recent Horror Fiction Reviews
Horror.net
Horror Search Engine and Directory
Buried.com
Horror movies horror fiction and more
Samhain
Halloween Search Engine and Directory
Haunted Houses
Directory of Haunted Houses & Attractions
Horror Movies
Horror Movies and Sci-Fi Movies Database
Scream Queens
The Hottest Actresses In Horror Movies
Crypt Crawl
Horror and Halloween Directory
First Fright
Horror Press Releases & Horror News
FrightMaster
Your Horror Guide and Shopping
Buried.com | Everything That Is Horror | Part of the Horror.net Horror Network | Horror Movies, Horror Movie Reviews, Horror Fiction Reviews, Horror Interviews
Copyright © 1998- Horror.net :: The Web's Deadliest Horror Network. Property of GlassPlanet Design. Web Hosting by GlassPlanet Hosting