Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
This 98-minute film is a stark and stylish horror/thriller that turns everyone's favorite time of the year inside out. Olivia Hussey and Margot Kidder star among an ill-fated houseful of sorority sisters celebrating the holiday season. Festivities turn fatal when obscene phone calls break the serenity and it becomes clear that a psychopath is stalking the house.
If this movie doesn't make your skin crawl... It's On Too Tight!
Also Known As:
Stranger in the House
Title: Black Christmas
Release Date: December 20, 1974
Runtime: 98 mins
All Genres: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
IMDB Rating: 7.2
Buried.com Rating: 8.2 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With B
MPAA Rating: R
Olivia Hussey ...Jess Bradford
Keir Dullea ...Peter Smythe
Margot Kidder ...Barbara 'Barb' Coard
John Saxon ...Lieutenant Kenneth Fuller
Marian Waldman ...Mrs. 'Mac' MacHenry
Andrea Martin ...Phyllis 'Phyl' Carlson
James Edmond ...Mr. Harrison
Doug McGrath ...Sargeant Nash (as Douglas McGrath)
Art Hindle ...Chris Hayden
Lynne Griffin ...Clare Harrison
Michael Rapport ...Patrick Cornell
Leslie Carlson ...Bill Graham (as Les Carlson)
Martha Gibson ...Mrs. Quaife
John Rutter ...Laughing Detective
Robert Warner ...Doctor
Syd Brown ...Farmer
Jack Van Evera ...Search Party
Les Rubie ...Search Party
Marcia Diamond ...Woman
Pam Barney ...Jean
Robert Hawkins ...Wes
David Clement ...Cogan (as Dave Clement)
Julian Reed ...Jennings
Dave Mann ...Cop
John Stoneham Sr. ...Cop (as John Stoneham)
Danny Gain ...Cop
Tom Foreman ...Cop
Bob Clark ...Prowler Shadow / Phone Voice
Nick Mancuso ...The Prowler / Phone Voice
"O Come All Ye Faithful"
"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
"Black Christmas Killer's Theme"
More Movie Taglines:
- If this movie doesn't make your skin crawl... It's On Too Tight!
- Christmas is coming early this year. And it's murder.
- The sort of Christmas you don't dream of.
- A Christmas of another colour brings a killer on the loose!
- Twas the Night, Before Christmas, and All Through the House, a Creature was stirring. The Stockings were Hung by the Chimney with care, but it was Hard to Say that St. Nick would be there. A Christmas of another Colour, brings a Killer on the Loose.
- Have Yourself a Scary Little, Black Christmas. It's Not at All Like the Ones You Used to Know.
- He Knows When You're Sleeping, He Knows if You're Awake, He KNOWS...
- It's beginning to look a lot like -- bloodshed! Christmas is almost here, and a deranged, axe-wielding psycho is terrorizing a sorority. As it happens, the mad murderer also makes obscene phone calls -- and he lives right above the girls...
- Mrs. MacHenry: These broads would hump the Leaning Tower of Pisa if they could get up there!
Lieutenant Kennet Fuller: Sergeant Nash what's this? Sergeant Nash: That's the address to the sorority house. Lieutenant Kennet Fuller: Fellatio? Sergeant Nash: Yes, Fellatio, the new exchange address for the house. Lieutenant Kennet Fuller: Sergeant Nash, I don't think you could pick your nose without written instructions. Sergeant Nash: I know, the address is something dirty isn't it? [Lt. Fuller and another detective laugh at him]
[upon seeing that Mrs. MacHenry is coming inside the house] Barb Coard: Speaking of professional virgins - here we have the queen of vaudeville herself!
Barb Coard: Did you know, this is a very little known fact, but... did you know that there's a certain species of turtle that... there's a certain species of turtle that can screw for three days without stopping. You don't believe me, do you? Well, I mean, how could I make something like that up? Mrs. MacHenry: Ah, Barb, dear, ah, I-I-I-ah... Barb Coard: No, really! They just... three days, 24 hours a day, wha-voom! Wha-voom! Wha-voom! Can you believe that, three days? I'm lucky if I get three minutes! Do you know how I know this? Because I went down to the zoo and I watched them. It was very boring. Well actually, um, I, uh, didn't stay for the whole three days, I went over and I watched the zebras, because they only take thirty seconds! Premature ejaculation!
The Killer: Filthy Billy, I know what you did nasty Billy!
- Keir Dullea worked only for a week on this film, never meeting Margot Kidder and barely meeting John Saxon, but the film is edited in such a way that he appears to be present throughout.
The role of Mrs. Mac was offered to Bette Davis
The role of Peter was originally offered to Malcolm McDowell, but he turned it down.
The role of Lieutenant Fuller was originally supposed to be played by Edmond O'Brien, but due to failing health he had to be replaced. John Saxon was brought in at the last minute.
Gilda Radner was offered the role of Phyllis Carlson. She was attached, but dropped out one month before filming began owing to "Saturday Night Live" (1975) commitments.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Sorority, Christmas, Sorority House, Police, Holiday ...[more]
Rating: 8.2 out of 10.0 - 73 votes cast total