Don't Look In The Basement (1973)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Dr. Stephens runs a secluded sanitarium with a small group of mental patients, one of whom uses the ax that was supposed to be for therapeutic wood-chopping to cut down Dr. Stephens. Now, Dr. Masters is running the asylum alone with her brand-new nurse, who does her best to befriend the eclectic group of patients: the shell-shocked ex-sergeant; the lobotomized Popsicle-sucking child-man; the puritanical former judge; the doom-dealing old woman; the would-be mother to a baby doll; the giggling, clown-haired prankster; the needy nymphomaniac; and the mainly catatonic young woman who occasionally indulges in knife attacks. The pretty young nurse was eager to work with the forward-thinking Dr. Stephens, but finds his successor to be less than welcoming and the hospital to be less than wholesome.
The Day The Insane Took Over The Asylum!
Also Known As:
Death Ward #13
Title: Don't Look In The Basement
Release Date: September , 1973
Runtime: 89 mins
All Genres: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
IMDB Rating: 4.8
Buried.com Rating: 5.8 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With D
MPAA Rating: R
Bill McGhee ...Sam (as William Bill McGhee)
Jessie Lee Fulton ...Jane St. Claire
Robert Dracup ...Ray Daniels
Harryette Warren ...Jennifer D.
Michael Harvey ...Dr. Stephens
Jessie Kirby ...Danny
Hugh Feagin ...Sergeant Jaffee
Betty Chandler ...Allyson King
Camilla Carr ...Harriet
Gene Ross ...Judge Oliver W. Cameron
Annabelle Weenick ...Dr. Geraldine S. Masters (as Anne MacAdams)
Rosie Holotik ...Nurse Charlotte Beale
Rhea MacAdams ...Mrs. Callingham
Walter L. Krusz
More Movie Taglines:
- The Day The Insane Took Over The Asylum!
- To avoid fainting, repeat: "It's only a movie..."
- Not Recommended for Persons Over 30!
- They lived out their fantasies... Now they are dying for them!
- [Ray is fixing the asylum's telephone] Allyson King: You know, I used to live in this place where the phone man was always coming around. Ray Daniels: That bad, huh? Allyson King: Uh uh... that good. Ray Daniels: Oh, I thought that you meant that you'd had a lot of phone trouble. Allyson King: Hell, I didn't even have a phone!
Allyson King: You're all alike. Danny... Jaffee... ALL of you! HYPOCRITES! And you, trying to be so damn pure. Get out! GET OUT!
Mrs. Callingham: Up the airy mountain, down the rushy glen, we dare not go a hunting, for fear of little men!
[repeated line] Judge Oliver W. Cameron: My name is... Oliver... W... Cameron. Juror's consult. Abjudicator of the court of appeals. Doctor of jurisprudence.
Nurse Charlotte Beale: Do you get out much, Mrs. Callingham? Mrs. Callingham: You're the one who needs to get out!
- The UK cinema version was cut by the BBFC to remove a closeup shot of an axe blow to a woman's body and the film later found itself on the banned list of video nasties. The cut version was released on the UK HHO label in 2005 and the full uncut version (now rated 15) was released on the Stax label later the same year.
This film was shot in 12 days on a budget of less than $100,000.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Patient, Nurse, Sanitarium, Asylum, Doll ...[more]
Rating: 5.8 out of 10.0 - 70 votes cast total