Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers (1956)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Dr. Russell Marvin heads up Operation Skyhook, which is tasked with sending rockets into the upper atmosphere to probe for future space flights. Unfortunately, all the rockets are somehow disappearing. While investigating this strange occurrence, Russell and his new wife Carol are abducted by a flying saucer. The aliens demand to meet with certain people in order to negotiate... but it was a trick, and the Martains only wanted to kill them. The invasion has begun and if Russell and Carol can't find a way to stop these creatures and get past their defenses, it may be the end of the human race.
Before You Scoff at Flying Saucers
Title: Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers
Release Date: July , 1956
Runtime: 83 mins
All Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi
Colors: Black and White
IMDB Rating: 6.2
Buried.com Rating: 7.2 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With E
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Fred F. Sears
Hugh Marlowe ...Dr. Russell A. Marvin
Joan Taylor ...Carol Marvin
Donald Curtis ...Maj. Huglin
Morris Ankrum ...Brig. Gen. John Hanley
John Zaremba ...Prof. Kanter
Thomas Browne Henry ...Vice Adm. Enright (as Tom Browne Henry)
Grandon Rhodes ...Gen. Edmunds
Larry J. Blake ...Motorcycle Cop (as Larry Blake)
William Woodson ...Narrator (voice) (unconfirmed)
Fred Aldrich ...Airplane Passenger / Officer in Sighting Montage...
Holly Bane ...Bit Role (unconfirmed)
Nicky Blair ...Military Officer at Experiment
Charles Evans ...Dr. Alberts
Paul Frees ...Alien (voice)
Duke Green ...Bit Role
Clark Howat ...Sgt. Nash
Harry Lauter ...Cutting - Generator Technician
Don Marlowe ...Bit Role (unconfirmed)
Forbes Murray ...Military Officer at Experiment
Alan Reynolds ...Maj. Kimberly
Bert Stevens ...Officer in UFO Sighting Montage
Arthur Tovey ...Officer / Civilian at Military Conference
Dale Van Sickel ...Man Crushed Beneath Wall
Frank Wilcox ...Alfred Cassidy
Beal Wong ...Chinese Radio Listener
Charles H. Schneer
Donald E. Keyhoe
George Worthing yates
Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers Horror Film Trailer 1
More Movie Taglines:
- Before You Scoff at Flying Saucers
- See the Greatest SHOCK Film of All Time !
- Flying Saucers Attack!
- Warning! Take Cover! Flying Saucers Invade Our Planet! Washington, London, Paris, Moscow Fight Back!
- The terrifying truth about flying saucers!
- Russell Marvin: [into tape recorder] July 16, to Internal Security Commission, re: Sky Hook. Summary and progress report, from project director, Dr. Russell A. Marvin. Carol Marvin: And Mrs. Dr. Russell A. Marvin, without whose inspiration and untiring criticism this report could never have been written. Russell Marvin: Married two hours and already she's claiming community property! [directs his attentions to her neck] Carol Marvin: Now that you're married, Dr. Marlowe, you don't have to sneak up on me. Russell Marvin: You always did have eyes in the back of your head. Carol Marvin: Besides, it's not safe when we're driving. Russell Marvin: But pretty... Carol Marvin: I thought intellectual giants were supposed to be backwards and shy. Russell Marvin: My third-grade teacher, Miss Hickey, said I was a quick study. Carol Marvin: You're starting something you're not going to be able to finish. Russell Marvin: [sighs] Yeah. Yeah, today I've got a hot date with a three-stage rocket.
Gen. Edmunds: When an armed and threatening power lands uninvited in our capitol, we don't meet him with tea and cookies!
Dr. Russell Marvin: Both Carol and I are subject to the same atmospheric disturbances that may have affected other observers, but there is a qualitative difference, when you're a scientist.
Alien: People of Earth, attention... People of Earth attention. This is a voice speaking to you from thousands of miles beyond your planet... This is a voice speaking to you from thousands of miles beyond your planet. Look to your sun for a warning... Look to your sun for a warning.
Brig. Gen. John Hanley: As you were, Sergeant. Sgt. Nash: Unidentified Flying Object reported flying due West, sir. Probably a buzzard.
- One of the buildings struck by crashing flying saucers is Union Station, Washington's main train station. This may have been inspired by a 1953 accident when a runaway passenger train smashed into the station concourse.
One of the scenes of a Washington building exploding is actually the Los Angeles City Hall being destroyed by the Martians from The War of the Worlds (1953).
While Dr. Marvin, his wife, the major and the policeman are being transported in a saucer, a large view screen is displaying their movement away from earth. One of the shots displayed is of earth and the moon with a haze-like fog. This shot is taken from the opening credits of The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951).
This science fiction movie was "suggested" by the book "Flying Saucers From Outer Space". This 1953 book was a nonfiction work by retired U.S. Marine Corps Maj. Donald E. Keyhoe. It was Keyhoe's conclusion that certain aerial phenomena were interplanetary in origin.
Ray Harryhausen stated in his biography that this is his least favorite of his films.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Alien, Rocket, Flying Saucer, General, Tape Recorder ...[more]
Rating: 7.2 out of 10.0 - 70 votes cast total