Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
After being kicked out of their university, parapsychology professors Spengler, Stantz and Venkman decide to go into business for themselves by trapping and removing ghosts from haunted houses. After some initial skepticism, business is soon booming as The Ghost Busters rid New york of its undead. When a downtown skyscraper becomes the focal point of spirit activity linked to the ancient god Gozer, however, the problem may be more than the team can handle.
Here To Save The World Again [re-release]
Also Known As:
Title: Ghost Busters
Release Date: June 07, 1984
Runtime: 105 mins
All Genres: Action, Comedy, Sci-Fi
Sound: 70 mm 6-Track, Dolby
IMDB Rating: 7.8
Buried.com Rating: 8.8 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With G
MPAA Rating: PG
Bill Murray ...Dr. Peter Venkman
Dan Aykroyd ...Dr. Raymond Stantz
Sigourney Weaver ...Dana Barrett
Harold Ramis ...Dr. Egon Spengler
Rick Moranis ...Louis Tully
Annie Potts ...Janine Melnitz
William Atherton ...Walter Peck
Ernie Hudson ...Winston Zeddmore
David Margulies ...Mayor
Steven Tash ...Male Student
Jennifer Runyon ...Female Student
Slavitza Jovan ...Gozer
Michael Ensign ...Hotel Manager
Alice Drummond ...Librarian
Jordan Charney ...Dean yager
Timothy Carhart ...Violinist
John Rothman ...Library Administrator
Tom McDermott ...Archbishop
Roger Grimsby ...Himself
Larry King ...Himself
Joe Franklin ...Himself
Casey Kasem ...Himself
John Ring ...Fire Commissioner
Norman Matlock ...Police Commissioner
Joe Cirillo ...Police Captain
Joe Schmieg ...Police Seargeant
Reginald VelJohnson ...Jail Guard (as Reggie Vel Johnson)
Rhoda Gemignani ...Real Estate Woman
Murray Rubin ...Man at Elevator
Larry Dilg ...Con Edison Man
» [more cast members]
Michael C. Gross
Ghost Busters Horror Film Trailer 1
Ghost Busters Horror Film Trailer 2
Ghost Busters Horror Film Trailer 3
Ghost Busters Horror Film Trailer 4
Ghost Busters Horror Film Trailer 5
Ghost Busters Horror Film Trailer 6
Ghost Busters Horror Film Trailer 7
"SAVIN' THE DAY"
"CLEANIN' UP THE TOWN"
"IN THE NAME OF LOVE"
"I CAN WAIT FOREVER"
More Movie Taglines:
- Here To Save The World Again [re-release]
- Let's Get Slimed One More Time. [re-release]
- They're Here To Save The World.
- Coming To Save The World This Summer.
- We're Ready To Believe You.
- Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!
- The supernatural spectacular
- They ain't afraid of no ghost.
- The world's most successful comedy
- [Inspecting Dana's refrigerator for paranormal activity] Dr. Peter Venkman: Oh, my *God*. Look at all the junk food! Dana Barrett: Oh, dammit. Look, this wasn't here... Dr. Peter Venkman: You actually eat this? Dana Barrett: Look, this wasn't here! There was *nothing* here! There was this... space! And there was a building or something with flames coming out of it, and there were creatures writhing around, and they were growling and snarling. And there were flames, and I heard a voice say "Zuul"! It was right here. Dr. Peter Venkman: Well, I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any reading. Dana Barrett: Well, are you sure you're using that thing correctly? Dr. Peter Venkman: Well, I... I think so, but I'm sure there are no animals in there. Dana Barrett: Well that's just great. Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy. Dr. Peter Venkman: [smiles] I don't think you're crazy. Dana Barrett: [sarcastically] Oh, good, that makes me feel so much better.
Gozer: [after Ray orders her to re-locate] Are you a God? [Ray looks at Peter, who nods] Dr Ray Stantz: No. Gozer: Then... DIE! [Lightning flies from her fingers, driving the Ghostbusters to the edge of the roof and almost off; people below scream] Winston Zeddemore: Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"! Dr. Peter Venkman: All right! This chick is TOAST!
Dr. Peter Venkman: [as the Ghostbusters approach Gozer] Grab your stick! [the Ghostbusters draw their handsets] Dr Ray Stantz, Dr. Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore: HOLDIN'! Dr. Peter Venkman: Heat 'em up! [they arm their packs] Dr Ray Stantz, Dr. Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore: SMOKIN'! Dr. Peter Venkman: Make 'em hard! [they rack their handsets] Dr Ray Stantz, Dr. Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore: READY! Dr. Peter Venkman: Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown... THROW IT!
Winston Zeddemore: Ray. If someone asks if you are a god, you say, "yes!"
[Dana is at home doing exercises as she watches the news on television] Roger Grimsby: Good morning, I'm Roger Grimsby. Today, the entire Eastern Seaboard is alive with talk of incidents of paranormal activity. Alleged ghost sightings and related supernatural occurances have been reported across the entire Tri-State area.
- The role of Louis Tully was originally written for John Candy.
The role of Peter Venkman was originally written for John Belushi.
According to Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis in the DVD Commentary, in Dan Aykroyd's original rough draft of the movie, the story was going to take place in the future and that there would be teams of Ghostbusters like there are paramedics and firefighters (thus explaining basing the Ghostbusters HQ in a firehouse). According to Reitman, such a film would cost "at least $300 million in 1984 dollars". So Harold Ramis was brought in to rewrite the script and bring it into modern times.
The role of Winston was originally written for Eddie Murphy.
Gozer was originally going to be played by Paul Reubens, who turned down the role. In the original script, Gozer appeared as a normal man in a business suit.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Ghostbuster, Ghost, Apartment, University, New York City ...[more]
Rating: 8.8 out of 10.0 - 68 votes cast total