Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Following the death of their eight year old son on his birthday, Jessie (Romijn-Stamos) and Paul (Kinnear) are befriended by a doctor on the forefront of genetic research (DeNiro) at the height of their mourning. He leads the couple in a desperate attempt to reverse the rules of nature and clone their son. The experiment is successful and under Richard's watchful eye, Adam grows into a healthy and happy young boy, until his 8th birthday. As time goes by, the Duncan's gradually start to see small, subtle differences between the new Adam and the Adam they lost. At the time of the new Adam's eighth birthday, the changes in character are more pronounced. Adam grows distant and fearful as a palpable sense of menace settles within the young boy. This Adam begins to suffer from night terrors and frightening flashbacks as a sinister personality begins to emerge. Paul and Jessie cannot escape the fact that this Adam is different. Terror settles on the couple as they try to come to terms with just what they have done, or what has been done to them.
Adam Duncan. Born: December 11, 1987. Died: December 12, 1995. Born September 23, 1996.
Release Date: April 30, 2004
Runtime: 102 mins
All Genres: Drama, Horror, Thriller
Country: USA, Canada
Sound: DTS, Dolby Digital, SDDS
IMDB Rating: 4.7
Buried.com Rating: 5.7 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With G
MPAA Rating: PG-13
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated PG-13 for violence including frightening images, a scene of sexuality and some thematic material.
Greg Kinnear ...Paul Duncan
Rebecca Romijn ...Jessie Duncan (as Rebecca Romijn-Stamos)
Robert De Niro ...Richard Wells
Cameron Bright ...Adam Duncan
Merwin Mondesir ...Maurice, young Thug
Sava Drayton ...young Thug #2
Jake Simons ...Dan Sandler
Elle Downs ...Clara Sandler
Edie Inksetter ...Footlocker Cashier
Raoul Bhaneja ...Samir Miklat
Jenny Levine ...Sandra Shaw
Thomas Chambers ...Jordan Shaw
Munro Chambers ...Max Shaw
Jeff Christensen ...Hal Shaw
Deborah Odell ...Tanya
Jordan Scherer ...Roy Hazen
Ingrid Veninger ...Mrs. Farr
Al Bernstein ...Godsend Receptionist
Tracey Hoyt ...Delivery Nurse
Leslie Ann Coles ...Patricia Cafe Owner
Christopher Britton ...Dr. Lieber (as Chris Britton)
Marcia Bennett ...Principal Hersch
Mari Trainor ...Godsend Nurse
Ann Holloway ...File Clerk
Zoie Palmer ...Susan Pierce
Janet Bailey ...Cora Williams
Devon Bostick ...Zachary Clark Wells
Matthew Peart ...St. Pius Student
Andrew Chalmers ...St. Pius Student
Sara Tough ...St. Pius Student
» [more cast members]
Godsend Horror Film Trailer 1
Godsend Horror Film Trailer 2
Godsend Horror Film Trailer 3
"Happy Birthday to You"
"Make It Bounce"
"The Amazing Mozzarellas"
More Movie Taglines:
- Adam Duncan. Born: December 11, 1987. Died: December 12, 1995. Born September 23, 1996.
- When a miracle becomes a nightmare, evil is born.
- Their dreams came true...their nightmares will too.
- Evil is here.
- On April 30th, evil is born.
- Scare as Hell!
- If someone you love was taken from you, how far would you go to bring him back from the dead?
- Adam: Dad, did I die?
Richard Wells: You think you can just open Pandora's box and close it again?
Richard Wells: Everything you value in this world I gave to you, you ungrateful piece of shit!
Jessie Duncan: You weren't supposed to see those. Adam, let me explain. Adam?... Zachary? Adam Duncan: WHAT!
Jessie Duncan: What took you so long? Paul Duncan: I ran into an old student, I got held up.
- Before the release of this movie, Lions Gate Films set up two official websites: one conventional site with movie information, and one site that appeared to be a promotional tool for the (fictional) cloning institute depicted in the movie. The website gave an email address and phone number (1-888-699-2672) for the "Godsend Institute;" calling the number resulted in a recorded message giving the institute's office hours. Several news outlets reported that when a few bereaved parents called or emailed the fake institute to inquire about having their children genetically reconstituted, the studio started responding to them and explaining that it was just a movie tie-in and not a real laboratory. Similar advertisements for fictional medical procedures and clinics were also produced as parts of the advertising campaigns for Gattaca (1997) and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004).
Robert De Niro had originally planned on merely providing a brief cameo for the film - however after director Nick Hamm heard De Niro would be interested in his project, he asked De Niro to participate in a few more scenes that were all filmed within a week. De Niro later regretted this because his name was "splashed over all the advertisements".
Five different endings were shot for this movie and the released one is the tamest one.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Birthday, Doctor, Young Boy, Cloning, Clone ...[more]
Rating: 5.7 out of 10.0 - 52 votes cast total