Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Max is travelling in a post apocalypse Australia where Gasoline is the most valuable commodity. He becomes involved in a struggle between bandits and a town that has build defenses around a small refinery. He must cross the no man's land several times to allow them to make a dash for freedom, pursued by the bandits in their vehicles.
Ruthless... Savage... Spectacular
Also Known As:
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
The Road Warrior
Title: Mad Max 2
Release Date: April 28, 1982
Runtime: 95 mins
All Genres: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Colors: Black and White, Color
Sound: Dolby, 70 mm 6-Track
IMDB Rating: 7.6
Buried.com Rating: 8.6 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With M
MPAA Rating: R
Mel Gibson ...Max
Bruce Spence ...The Gyro Captain
Michael Preston ...Pappagallo (as Mike Preston)
Max Phipps ...The Toadie
Vernon Wells ...Wez
Kjell Nilsson ...The Humungus
Emil Minty ...The Feral Kid
Virginia Hey ...Warrior Woman
William Zappa ...Zetta
Arkie Whiteley ...The Captain's Girl
Steve J. Spears ...Mechanic
Syd Heylen ...Curmudgeon
Moira Claux ...Big Rebecca
David Downer ...Nathan
David Slingsby ...Quiet Man
Kristoffer Greaves ...Mechanic's Assistant
Max Fairchild ...Broken Victim
Tyler Coppin ...Defiant Victim
Jerry O'Sullivan ...Golden youth (as Jimmy Brown)
Tony Deary ...Grinning Mohawker
Kathleen McKay ...Victim
Guy Norris ...Bearclaw Mohawk
Anne Jones ...Tent Lover
James McCardell ...Tent Lover
Harold Baigent ...Narrator (voice)
Mad Max 2 Horror Film Trailer 1
Mad Max 2 Horror Film Trailer 2
More Movie Taglines:
- Ruthless... Savage... Spectacular
- In the future, cities will become deserts, roads will become battlefields and the hope of mankind will appear as a stranger.
- Only one man can make the differance
- When all that's left is one last chance, pray that he's still out there ... somewhere!
- Wez: [after someone is killed] *No!* *No more talk!* We go in! We kill! Kill! We kill 'em! They kill us, we kill them! Kill 'em! Kill 'em! Kill! Kill! The Humungus: Be still my dog of war. I understand your pain. We've all lost someone we love. But we do it my way! Wez: Losers... losers wait! The Humungus: We do it my way. Fear is our ally. The gasoline will be ours. Then you shall have your revenge. [Wez passes out] The Humungus: Take him away. [soldiers drag Wez away; Humungus grabs intercom] The Humungus: There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror. [Soldiers start up their vehicles] The Humungus: I await your answer. You have a full day to decide. [Everyone drives away]
The Gyro Captain: Lingerie. Oh, remember lingerie?
The Gyro Captain: No! It's *my* snake, I trained it, I'm going to eat it! I got a recipe for snake. Delicious. Fricassee of reptile. You are what you eat.
Max: I'm just here for the gasoline.
Humungus: I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war.
- In one scene, Max eats a can of "Dinki-Di" dog food. "Dinki-Di" is Australian slang for "genuine, real." (I'll leave you to draw your own conclusion.)
Renamed "The Road Warrior" for North American distribution because at the time, the original Mad Max (1979) had only been released there on a limited basis, so calling it Mad Max 2 would have confused viewers.
The logo on the tank truck is "7 Sisters Oil", reference to a conspiracy theory, popular before OPEC-conspiracy theories took over, that Standard Oil and six other companies controlled the world oil market and bought up and suppressed 200-MPG carburetor and so on to keep oil prices up.
Reasons for Max's silly outfit: Right arm of jacket missing- He had his arm run over by a bike in the first movie and medics would have cut the sleeve off rather than pull it over a damaged limb. Squeaky leg brace- He had his kneecap shot through in the previous movie. Harness with spanners and stuff dangling off it- To do running repairs on the V8. First two fingers of each driving glove missing- To enable easy insertion/ retrieval of shotgun shells from gun.
Because he was relatively unknown in the US, the trailers did not feature Mel Gibson, but instead focused on the chases and action scenes.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Gasoline, Refinery, Warrior, Fuel, Australia ...[more]
Rating: 8.6 out of 10.0 - 58 votes cast total