Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Carpathian Count Alucard is invited to the U.S. by a young "morbid" heiress (Katherine Caldwell). Her boyfriend (Frank Stanley) and local officials are suspicious of the newcomer, who is interested in the "virile" soil of the new world.
Can You Take It? More Startling . . . More Blood-Curdling Than Anything You've Ever Seen!
Also Known As:
Title: Son Of Dracula
Release Date: November 05, 1943
Runtime: 80 mins
All Genres: Horror
Colors: Black and White
IMDB Rating: 6.1
Buried.com Rating: 7.1 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With S
MPAA Rating: Approved
Robert Paige ...Frank Stanley
Louise Allbritton ...Katherine Caldwell
Evelyn Ankers ...Claire Caldwell
Frank Craven ...Doctor Brewster
J. Edward Bromberg ...Professor Lazlo
Samuel S. Hinds ...Judge Simmons
Adeline De Walt Reynolds ...Madame Zimba (as Adeline DeWalt Reynolds)
Pat Moriarity ...Sheriff Dawes (as Patrick Moriarity)
Etta McDaniel ...Sarah
George Irving ...Colonel Caldwell
Lon Chaney Jr. ...Count Dracula (as Lon Chaney)
Charles Bates ...Tommy Land
Joan Blair ...Mrs. Land
Jess Lee Brooks ...Stephen, the Valet
Cyril Delevanti ...Dr. Peters, the Coroner
Robert Dudley ...Jonathan Kirby, Justice of the Peace
Ben Erway ...Deputy Shooting at Frank
Robert F. Hill ...Deputy Shooting at Frank
Sam McDaniel ...Andy, Servant Who Greets Dracula
George Meeker ...Party Guest
Charles R. Moore ...Matthew, Plantation Worker
Jack Rockwell ...Jack, Deputy
Walter Sande ...Mac, Deputy
Emmett Smith ...Servant
Donald H. Brown
Jack J. Gross
Hans J. Salter
More Movie Taglines:
- Can You Take It? More Startling . . . More Blood-Curdling Than Anything You've Ever Seen!
- LON CHANEY -- MORE THRILLING! MORE TERRIFYING! As History's Blackest Curse Strikes Again!
- BLOOD on his lips...! DOOM in his eyes...! an accursed VAMPIRE!
- Chill and Thrill to Dracula's Curse!
- Harry [townsman bit]: How are ya, doctor? Prof. Harry Brewster: Hi, Harry. Frank Stanley: Hey, Charlie! Charlie, station agent: Hello Dr. Brewster, Mr. Stanley. Frank Stanley: How are ya. Say, uh, those all the passengers you have? Charlie, station agent: Just the four. Prof. Harry Brewster: You didn't put anyone off at the wrong station, did you? We're here to meet a friend of the Caldwells, a Count Alucard. Charlie, station agent: There was no Count on this train. All customers. Say - there was a lot of stuff in the baggage car that might belong to your Count. Prof. Harry Brewster: Thanks, we'll take a look at it. Train Conductor Voice: [offscreen] All aboard. Frank Stanley: [looking at a pushcart piled with trunks and cases] Well, does this look as though he's come to stay for just a couple of weeks? Prof. Harry Brewster: No, it doesn't. I wonder what's become of him? Frank Stanley: Probably coming by car. Don't worry, he'll show up. Prof. Harry Brewster: [The Doctor moves close to the luggage, studies the name on a crest on a box which has been stacked sideways] D - R - A - C ... Frank Stanley: What are you mumbling about? Prof. Harry Brewster: Nothing, nothing. Just a silly idea hit me. Well, if there's no Alucard, there's no need of our staying around here. I've got to get back to the office. [He leaves scene as Frank now looks at the sideways crest. Fade to black]
[last lines] Sheriff Dawes: You mean, that's all that's left of Count Alucard? Prof. Laszlo: Look at the ring on his hand. It bears the Alucard seal, just as on his luggage. Sheriff Dawes: Well assuming it is Alucard, or Dracula, or whoever he calls himself - where is Frank Stanley? He's still wanted for murder. Prof. Harry Brewster: You still think that Frank killed Kay deliberately? Sheriff Dawes: Look, Doctor, I'm only the Sheriff. I'm not the Judge. It's my job to bring him in, and the court's to decide his guilt. Prof. Laszlo: Of course. But I think our testimony will have some bearing on their decision. Prof. Harry Brewster: Undoubtedly. But the main thing to do now is to find Frank - and I think I know where he is. [Dissolve to final scene, which is played entirely without dialogue]
- In the film, the vampires never display any fangs.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Count, Occult, Swamp, Professor, Doctor ...[more]
Rating: 7.1 out of 10.0 - 71 votes cast total