Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Having narrowly averted a major disaster on an oil rig, the Thunderbirds have just returned home to their secret base when TB5, their space based station, is critically damaged in a suspected meteor strike. Unbeknown to them, the attack on TB5 is a deliberate ploy by international master criminal Aristotle Spode to get them off the island. He takes over the island and forces Brains into submission, using the power of his mind. But Spode has overlooked one key factor: Alan, Fermat and Tin Tin are still on the island.
Coming to the rescue
Also Known As:
Release Date: July 24, 2004
Runtime: 95 mins
All Genres: Action, Fantasy, Adventure, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Family
Country: UK, France
Sound: SDDS, Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES
IMDB Rating: 4.0
Buried.com Rating: 5 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With T
MPAA Rating: PG
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated PG for intense action sequences and language.
Brady Corbet ...Alan Tracy
Debora Weston ...Teacher
Soren Fulton ...Fermat
Lou Hirsch ...Headmaster
Alex Barringer ...Excited Kid
Demetri Goritsas ...News Anchor
Genie Francis ...Lisa Lowe
Philip Winchester ...Scott Tracy
Deobia Oparei ...Mullion
Bill Paxton ...Jeff Tracy
Kyle Herbert ...Know It All Kid
Dominic Colenso ...Virgil Tracy
Ben Torgersen ...Gordon Tracy
Sophia Myles ...Lady Penelope
Ron Cook ...Parker
Johannes Zadrozny ...Panhead
Nicola Walker ...Panhead's Mother
Ben Kingsley ...The Hood
Anthony Edwards ...Brains
Harvey Virdi ...Onaha
Bhasker Patel ...Kyrano
Vanessa Hudgens ...Tintin
Lex Shrapnel ...John Tracy
Rose Keegan ...Transom
Stewart Howson ...Engineer
Mark Nelmes ...Ice Cream Man
Julian Spencer ...Henchman
Andy Smart ...Henchman & Oil Rig Worker
Thunderbirds Horror Film Trailer 1
"Thunderbirds are Go!"
"Thunderbirds Are Go"
More Movie Taglines:
- Coming to the rescue
- Climb into the drivers seat of the most advanced rescue vehicles on the planet
- Prepare for the new generation.
- The greatest rescue organisation in the world has a major problem.
- On July 30th adventure takes off
- The Hood: [controlling Brains telepathically] Like a puppet on a string!
The Hood: Who will rescue the rescuers?
[last lines] Jeff Tracy: Thunderbirds are go!
Virgil Tracy: Haven't you got homework to do or something
Alan Tracy: Keep backing up... I've got a plan. Alan Tracy: [Alan pulls out a rock catapult, aims it at The Hood and misses] Tintin: That's your plan? The Hood: It's not me you're angry at, Alan. Alan Tracy: It's not you I'm aiming at. Alan Tracy: [He shoots again hitting the console behind the Hood. The floor beneath Alan, TinTin and Fermat collapses] Alan Tracy, Tintin, Fermat: Ahhhhhh The Hood: Get Them!
- As the young Thunderbirds prepare to launch towards The Bank of London with Lady Penelope, an insert shot shows a hand grabbing a lever. This hand is held up by strings, a quick reference to the style of animation used in the Thunderbirds television series. Also, this is in a complete reversal to the series, as all shots in the TV show were of marionettes, except when there was an extreme closeup of a hand or foot, at which point was replaced with a person's hand or foot doing the required action (pulling a switch, stepping on the gas pedal of a car, etc.)
To promote the film, British distributors UIP took over Trafalgar Square with a 3/4-scale model of Thunderbird 3.
The five brothers were originally named after five of the "Mercury Seven" - John Glenn, Scott Carpenter, Alan Shepard, Virgil Gus Grissom, and Gordon Cooper.
The Hood's two main assistants are named with architectural terms for vertical (Mullion) and horizontal (Transom) pieces used in the construction of doors or windows.
The Hover Bike used by Alan to tow Tin-Tin and Fermat is modeled on the same equipment used by the Tracy brothers in episodes such as "City Of Fire" and "Attack Of The Alligators!" from the original series.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Rescue, Oil Rig, Henchman, Presumed Dead, Secret Island ...[more]
Rating: 5.0 out of 10.0 - 54 votes cast total