Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Jason Crockett is an aging, grumpy, physically disabled millionaire who invites his family to his island estate for his birthday celebration. Pickett Smith is a free-lance photographer who is doing a pollution layout for an ecology magazine. Jason Crockett hates nature, poisoning anything that crawls on his property. On the night of his birthday the frogs and other members of nature begin to pay Crockett back.
Cold green skin against soft warm flesh...a croak...a scream.
Release Date: March 10, 1972
Runtime: 91 mins
All Genres: Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi
IMDB Rating: 3.8
Buried.com Rating: 4.8 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With F
MPAA Rating: PG
Ray Milland ...Jason Crockett
Sam Elliott ...Pickett Smith
Joan Van Ark ...Karen Crockett
Adam Roarke ...Clint Crockett
Judy Pace ...Bella Garrington
Lynn Borden ...Jenny Crockett
Mae Mercer ...Maybelle
David Gilliam ...Michael Martindale
Nicholas Cortland ...Kenneth Martindale
George Skaff ...Stuart Martindale
Lance Taylor Sr. ...Charles
Hollis Irving ...Iris Martindale (as Holly Irving)
Dale Willingham ...Tina Crockett
Hal Hodges ...Jay Crockett
Carolyn Fitzsimmons ...Lady in Car
Robert Sanders ...Bobby (boy in car)
Samuel Z. Arkoff
Norman T. Herman
James H. Nicholson
Frogs Horror Film Trailer 1
More Movie Taglines:
- Cold green skin against soft warm flesh...a croak...a scream.
- If YOU Are Squeamish Stay Home!!!
- Millions of slimy bodies squirming everywhere! Millions of gaping mouths devouring... devouring... devouring...
- It's the day that Nature strikes back!
- ...a terrifying story of times to come when Nature strikes back!
- A tidal wave of slithering, slimy horror devouring, destroying all in its path!
- Today the pond! Tomorrow the world!
- Pickett Smith: [Looking at Kenneth, dead on the ground in the greenhouse] Is there a place where we can put him? Charles: Yes sir, I'll show you.
Jason Crockett: I still believe man is master of the world. Pickett Smith: Does that mean he can't live in harmony with the rest of it?
- Many of the 500 Florida frogs and 100 giant South American toads purchased for use in the film escaped during production.
The filming took place in and around an 1890s mansion in Florida's Eden State Park. This park is located near the Gulf of Mexico's coastline, about halfway between Fort Walton Beach and Panama City.
The Florida Holiday Inn used by the crew would not allow the poisonous snakes, spiders or black scorpions used in the film to be brought into the hotel.
In a review for "Andy Warhol's Interview", writer Fran Lebowitz called Frogs "the best bad movie I have ever seen in my life."
Scenes of star Sam Elliot shirtless in this film would later help him land the starring role in the movie Lifeguard (1976/I).
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Frog, Island, Pollution, Mansion, Croak ...[more]
Rating: 4.8 out of 10.0 - 54 votes cast total