Killer Klowns From Outer Space (1988)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
When a small town is invaded by aliens from outer space who are capturing and killing the townspeople, no one takes them seriously. Why? The aliens all look like circus clowns, use weapons that look clown like, and all have painted on smiles. Only a few of the young people in the town realize the danger and of course no one believes them. Armed with an ice cream truck they try and rescue their friends.
Title: Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Release Date: May 27, 1988
Runtime: 88 mins
All Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi, Comedy
IMDB Rating: 5.5
Buried.com Rating: 6.5 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With K
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Grant Cramer ...Mike Tobacco
Suzanne Snyder ...Debbie Stone
John Allen Nelson ...Dave Hanson
John Vernon ...Curtis Mooney
Michael Siegel ...Rich Terenzi
Peter Licassi ...Paul Terenzi
Royal Dano ...Farmer Gene Green
Christopher Titus ...Bob McReed
Irene Michaels ...Stacy
Karla Sue Krull ...Tracy
Brian Degan Scott ...Punk #1
Danny Kovacs ...Punk #2
Adele Proom ...Mrs. Franco
Howard Malpas ...Mr. Myers
Karen Raff ...Mom #1
Kathleen Stefano ...Mom #2
Claire Bartle ...Little Girl
Sharon O'Mahoney ...Waitress
Michael Halton ...Slug
Lucinda Burgess ...Sheila
Melvin Thompson ...Black Biker
David Piel ...Security Guard
Steven A. Jones ...State Trooper (as Steven Jones)
Armon Stover ...State Trooper
Jeff yesko ...State Trooper
Steve Rockhold ...Klown Performer
Michael Harrington Burris ...Klown Performer
Geno Ponza ...Klown Performer
Scott Beatty ...Klown Performer
Paul Haley ...Klown Performer
» [more cast members]
"Killer Klowns (From Outer Space)"
"Sandals in the Sand"
More Movie Taglines:
- It's Craaazy!
- In Space No One Can Eat Ice Cream!
- Alien bozos with an appetite for close encounters
- Horrific Harlequins with an appetite for close encounters!
- big top ... big shoes ... big teeth!!
- Debbie Stone: We were up at "the top of the world" and we saw this shooting star and we decided to go look for it. But instead of finding the shooting star we saw this... this circus tent. And that's when we went inside, and that is when we saw those people in those... those pink, cotton candy cocoons. Dave, it was not a circus tent. It was something else. Dave Hanson: What? What? Mike Tobacco: It was a space ship. And there was these things, these killer clowns, and they shot popcorn at us! We barely got away! Curtis Mooney: Killer clowns, from outer space. Holy shit!
Security Guard: What're ya gonna do with those *pies*, boys?
Curtis Mooney: They took your wife away in a balloon? Well you don't need the police, pal, you need a psychiatrist!
Curtis Mooney: I made it through Korea I can make it through this bullshit!
[after finding the big top in the woods] Farmer Gene Green: Look Pooh, I love the circus. Maybe we can get some free passes.
- The giant "King Klown" from the ending sequence, affectively called "Klownzilla" by the Chiodo brothers, was actually played by one of them (Charles).
Director Stephen Chiodo had hoped the shower scene would rival Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece Psycho (1960), substituting a toilet bowl swirl for the shower drain.
The $2 million budget went primarily on production costs. The clowns and visual effects were created almost entirely by the filmmakers at very little cost.
An early version of the restaurant scene was shot showing the Chiodo brothers sitting at a table in the background as extras.
The scene where a Klown rams a car off the road and kills the driver was originally intended to be an opening prologue to the film, and the driver was to be the character Joe Lombardo. For this prologue there was also a scene shot where Joe and his date are kissing on a deserted dark road and after his date rejects him, he angrily drives off alone only to meet his demise with the Klown. However when it was decided to have an opening credit sequence be seen first, the kissing rejection scene ended up on the cutting room floor, and the car crash scene was placed at a later point in the film with the driver not being Joe Lombardo. He ended up being the name of a dead person that Mike and Debbie discover wrapped up in a cotton candy cocoon in the final version.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Clown, Alien, Small Town, Ice Cream, Ice Cream Truck ...[more]
Rating: 6.5 out of 10.0 - 57 votes cast total