Kingdom Of The Spiders (1977)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Investigating the mysterious deaths of a number of farm animals, vet Rack Hansen discovers that his town lies in the path of hoards of migrating tarantulas. Before he can take action, the streets are overrun by killer spiders, trapping a small group of towns folk in a remote hotel.
A new species of horror is born.
Title: Kingdom Of The Spiders
Release Date: August 24, 1977
Runtime: 97 mins
All Genres: Sci-Fi, Horror
IMDB Rating: 5.7
Buried.com Rating: 6.7 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With K
MPAA Rating: PG
John 'Bud' Cardos
William Shatner ...Dr. Robert 'Rack' Hansen
Tiffany Bolling ...Diane Ashley
Woody Strode ...Walter Colby
Lieux Dressler ...Emma Washburn
David McLean ...Sheriff Gene Smith
Natasha Ryan ...Linda Hansen
Altovise Davis ...Birch Colby
Joe Ross ...Vern Johnson
Marcy Lafferty ...Terry Hansen
Adele Malis Morey ...Betty Johnson (as Adele Malis)
Roy Engel ...Mayor Connors
Hoke Howell ...Earl Forbes
Bill Coontz ...Clyde
Whitey Hughes ...The Baron
Jay Lawrence ...Deputy
Bettie Bolling ...Mildred Cobb
Anita Merritt ...Waitress (as Juanita Merritt)
Nadia Caillou ...Screaming woman
Valla Rae McDade ...Screaming woman
Jon Jon ...Injured boy
J. Bond Johnson
Jeffrey M. Sneller
Jeffrey M. Sneller
"Peaceful Verde Valley"
"Things I Treasure"
More Movie Taglines:
- A new species of horror is born.
- You could be the next Victim!
- A living, crawling hell on Earth!
- A living crawling horror on earth
- A Wild Science Fiction Nightmare.
- There's no escaping their web of terror...
- Betty Johnson: I understand you're... you're a scientist. You know you and Vern have a lot in common. Diane Ashley: Oh... uhh, really? Vern Johnson: That's how I make all my money... kinda scientific you know... through chemicals. Diane Ashley: Oh, you're a chemist? Betty Johnson: You dont understand, Vern invented a new kind of chemical toilet... you know the kind they use at construction sites. Vern Johnson: Sold the business though... sold out to my partner... just couldn't take the pressure anymore. [Laugh] Vern Johnson: Uhh Say [looks over shoulder at wife] Vern Johnson: Uhh, say, can I buy you a drink? A pretty girl like you shouldn't be drinking alone. Diane Ashley: No thank you Mister and Mrs. Johnson... [Looks at Bartender] Diane Ashley: Umm Goodnight [leaves]
Terry Hansen: Hey I'm sorry about what happened the other day. Dr. Robert 'Rack' Hansen: I don't know what you're talking about lady. [Terry Giggles] Terry Hansen: Rack, your a funny man, You want be with your brother's wife, but you take care of her like you were. Isn't that like buying the cow and giving the milk away? Dr. Robert 'Rack' Hansen: You don't quit pestering me, one of these mornings I'm gonna show up and start milking that cow. Terry Hansen: Well, make sure your hands are warm. [Rack giggles and holds his hands up in a clawing manner]
Walter Colby: Well, that would explain Spider Hill...
Birch Colby: Are you crazy lady? This is our home, and no damn spiders are gonna run us out!
- $50,000 of the movie's budget went towards spiders. The producers offered to pay $10 each for live tarantulas, and handlers collected 5,000 of them.
Roy Engel's final performance.
Bo Svenson was offered the lead role, but turned it down.
Tiffany Bolling was cast in the female lead role because she was the only actress who auditioned who had no trouble working with spiders.
Donna Mills auditioned for the female lead, but couldn't do it because she was uncomfortable with spiders.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Farm, Spider, Tarantula, Death, Hotel ...[more]
Rating: 6.7 out of 10.0 - 56 votes cast total