Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Major Joe Nolan heads a rescue mission in the South Pacific to recover a downed atomic rocket. The crew crashlands on a mysterious island, and spends much time rock-climbing. They meet up with a native girl, a big lizard, and some dinosaurs.
Monsters in a land that time forgot!
Title: Lost Continent
Release Date: August 17, 1951
Runtime: 83 mins
All Genres: Sci-Fi
Colors: Black and White
IMDB Rating: 2.6
Buried.com Rating: 3.6 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With L
MPAA Rating: K-8
Cesar Romero ...Maj. Joe Nolan
Hillary Brooke ...Marla Stevens
Chick Chandler ...Lt. Danny Wilson
John Hoyt ...Michael Rostov
Acquanetta ...Native Girl
Sid Melton ...Sgt. Willie Tatlow
Whit Bissell ...Stanley Briggs
Hugh Beaumont ...Robert Phillips
Murray Alper ...Air Police Sergeant
William E. Green ...Simmons
Chubby Johnson ...Bunker 'Suit' (unconfirmed)
Robert L. Lippert
Orville H. Hampton
Richard H. Landau
More Movie Taglines:
- Monsters in a land that time forgot!
- AMAZING! (original print ad
- all caps)
- Modern Man Against Prehistoric Monster!
- SEE! Daring climb to a strange prehistoric world! SEE! Violent upheaval of a prehistoric earthquake! SEE! Breath-taking escape as an entire island explodes!
- ZOOM...at atomic-powered speed to a NEW land of fantastic adventure!
- They Lived...180,000,000 Years in Seven Days!
- 180.000.000 Years Beyond Belief!
- Thrills of the atomic-powered future! Adventures of the prehistoric past!
- Nolan: Look at the size of that footprint! I've never seen anything like it before! Phillips: I have. Once... in a museum.
- Some sequences were originally tinted green on the original release prints.
Shot in 11 days.
The original green tint of the "lost continent" sequences was not reproduced for television prints of the film (the sequences were shown in black-and-white instead), and it was not until well over 30 years after the film's initial release that the tint was restored for home video in the late 1980s.
The opening shot of the Whits Sands Missile Base, and some of the rocket scenes, were lifted from Rocketship X-M (1950), which, like Lost Continent, had also been released by Lippert Pictures.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Dinosaur, Rescue, Survival, Plateau, Volcanic Eruption ...[more]
Rating: 3.6 out of 10.0 - 72 votes cast total