Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
A Mysterious Alien Creature (MAC ?) trying to escape from NASA is befriended by a young boy in a wheel chair.
How two boys worlds apart become the best of friends.
Title: Mac And Me
Release Date: August 12, 1988
Runtime: 95 mins
All Genres: Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
IMDB Rating: 2.9
Buried.com Rating: 3.9 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With M
MPAA Rating: PG
Christine Ebersole ...Janet Cruise
Jonathan Ward ...Michael Cruise
Tina Caspary ...Courtney (as Katrina Caspary)
Lauren Stanley ...Debbie
Jade Calegory ...Eric Cruise
Vinnie Torrente ...Mitford
Martin West ...Wickett
Ivan J. Rado ...Zimmerman
Danny Cooksey ...Jack Jr
Laura Waterbury ...Linda
Jack Eiseman ...Splatter Car Driver
Barbara Allyne Bennet ...Scientist
Richard Bravo ...Mover #1
Gary Brockette ...Doctor #2
Sherri Stone Butler ...Checkout Girl
Joseph Chapman ...Doctor
Sheila Chambers ...Girl #2 in Car
Alyce Coleman ...Girl #1 in Car
John Curtin ...Control Room Chief
Andrew Divoff ...Policeman #2
James C. Duke ...Sears Store Manager
Bud Ekins ...Gardner
George 'Buck' Flower ...Security Guard
Raymond Forchion ...Police Officer #1
Tom Fuccello ...Mr. Ryan
Ernie Fuentes ...Store Manager
Michael Geary ...Technician #3
Heather Green ...Mars Sister
J.D. Hall ...Mover #2
Roger Hampton ...Water & Power Man
» [more cast members]
William B. Kerr
"You Knew What You Were Doing (Every Inch Of The Way)"
More Movie Taglines:
- How two boys worlds apart become the best of friends.
- Eric's new in the neighborhood. Mac's new on the planet.
- Out of this world and into your heart.
- Singer: tired of feeling all by myself Being so different From everyone else Somehow you knew I needed your help Be my friend forever I never found My star in the night Feeling my dream was Far from my sight You came along and I saw the light We'll be friends forever CHORUS: I can't face the Thought of you leaving So take me along I swear I'll be strong If you take me Wherever you go I wanna learn the things That you know Now that you Made me believe I want you to take me 'Cause I long to be able To see the things That you see know that whatever you do I'll follow you Somebody must have Sent you to me What do I have You could possibly need All I can give is my guarantee We'll be friends forever Repeat chorus Teach me more in Each passing hour By your side I know I will cower Is it true that You have the power To capture this moment in time Take me wherever you go I wanna learn the things That you know Now that you made me believe I want you to take me 'Cause I long to be able To see the things That you see Know that Whatever you do I'll follow you
- The scenes of Mac running from the backyard into the hills were filmed in Hacienda Heights, California.
Coca Cola and McDonalds backed the movie, thus the numerous references to both of those products.
This film ends with a freeze frame and the superimposed title "We'll be back!" But it proved to be such a dismal box office failure that its proposed sequel never got made.
The scenes in the McDonalds were all shot in City of Industry in California (just outside Los Angeles). The set was an actual McDonalds that was built specifically for filming television commercials and for crew member training. It has never been open to the public! When McDonalds (or movies, etc.) isn't using the location for filming, it is locked up behind a chain link fence. Everything works in the restaurant, but from its construction until it was torn down it never served a single paying customer.
This film is listed among The 100 Most Amusingly Bad Movies Ever Made in Golden Raspberry Award founder John Wilson's book THE OFFICIAL RAZZIEŽ MOVIE GUIDE.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Alien, Alien Contact, California, 1980s, Disguise ...[more]
Rating: 3.9 out of 10.0 - 58 votes cast total