Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Ine the year 2054, murders are predicted before they happen. This is due to three supernatural beings called Precognitives. The three of them are kept in a milky substance in a room called the temple. Images from their brain are produced onto a screen, where Chief John Anderton searches for clues to the murder's location using the images. His faith in the system is born of pain. He lost his son, Sean, six years ago. He's now separated and divorced from his wife, Lara, and has resorted to drugs to keep himself in control. One day, however, his life turns around when the Precogs see a vision of him killing a man named Leo Crow. Now on the run from the cops of Precrime, Anderton has to prove his innocence and discover if his murder was one of the rare cases in which one Precog sees things differently from the other two, called a Minority Report.
What would you do if you were accused of a murder, you had not committed... yet?
Also Known As:
Total Recall 2
Title: Minority Report
Release Date: June 17, 2002
Runtime: 145 mins
All Genres: Action, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Languages: English, Swedish
Sound: Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES, SDDS
IMDB Rating: 7.7
Buried.com Rating: 8.7 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With M
MPAA Rating: PG-13
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated PG-13 for violence, brief language, some sexuality and drug content.
Tom Cruise ...Chief John Anderton
Max von Sydow ...Director Lamar Burgess
Steve Harris ...Jad
Neal McDonough ...Fletcher
Patrick Kilpatrick ...Knott
Jessica Capshaw ...Evanna
Richard Coca ...Pre-Crime Cop
Keith Campbell ...Pre-Crime Cop
Kirk B.R. Woller ...Pre-Crime Cop
Klea Scott ...Pre-Crime Cop
Frank Grillo ...Pre-Crime Cop
Anna Maria Horsford ...Casey
Sarah Simmons ...Lamar Burgess' Secretary
Eugene Osment ...Jad's Technician
James Henderson ...Office Worker
Vene L. Arcoraci ...Office Worker (as Vene Arcoraci)
Erica Ford ...Employee
Keith Flippen ...Tour Guide
Nathan Taylor ...Kid Tourist
Radmar Agana Jao ...Technician
Karina Logue ...Technician
Elizabeth Anne Smith ...Technician
Victoria Kelleher ...Technician
Jim Rash ...Technician
Colin Farrell ...Danny Witwer
Stephen Ramsey ...Jucket - Agent #1
Tom Choi ...Paymen - Agent #2
Tom Whitenight ...Price - Agent #3
Billy Morts ...Foley - Agent #4
Samantha Morton ...Agatha
» [more cast members]
Jan de Bont
Sergio Mimica Gezzan
Gerald R. Molen
Walter F. Parkes
Philip K. Dick
Minority Report Horror Film Trailer 1
Minority Report Horror Film Trailer 2
Minority Report Horror Film Trailer 3
"Symphony Nr. 7 h-Moll, D.759"
"Symphony No.6 in B Minor (Pathétique) Op. 74"
"Pine and Oats"
"Menuet, Allegro ma non troppo"
"Jesus bleibet meine Freude (Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring)"
More Movie Taglines:
- What would you do if you were accused of a murder, you had not committed... yet?
- Everybody Runs
- The system is perfect until it comes after you.
- Get Ready to RUN!
- The Future Can Be Seen. Murder Can be Prevented. The Guilty Punished Before the Crime is Committed. The System is Perfect. It's Never Wrong. Until It Comes After You.
- Everybody Runs...
- You Can't Hide
- Count to 3 and get ready to run...
- You can't hide. Get ready to run!
- John Anderton: Mr. Marks, by mandate of the District of Columbia Precrime Division, I'm placing you under arrest for the future murder of Sarah Marks and Donald Dubin that was to take place today, April 22 at 0800 hours and four minutes.
John Anderton: [about Witwer's father] What does he think about your chosen line of work? Danny Witwer: I don't know. He was shot and killed when I was 15 on the steps of our church in Dublin. I know what it's like to lose someone close, John. 'Course, nothing is like the loss of a child. I don't have any children of my own, so I can only imagine what that must've been like. To lose your son - in such a public place like that. At least now you and I have the chance to make sure that kind of thing doesn't happen to anyone... John Anderton: Why don't you cut the cute act, Danny boy, and tell me exactly what it is you're looking for? Danny Witwer: Flaws. John Anderton: There hasn't been a murder in 6 years. There's nothing wrong with the system, it is perfect. Danny Witwer: [simultaneously] - perfect. I agree. But if there's a flaw, it's human. It always is.
Agatha: Think about all the lives that little girl has saved. Lamar Burgess: Think about all the lives that little girl has saved, think about all the lives she will save, that little girl could have saved Sean. John Anderton: [yells] Don't you *ever* say his name! Male Precog: You used the memory of my dead son to set me up. John Anderton: [yells] You used the memory of my dead son to set me up! That was the one thing you knew would drive me to murder. Male Precog: What are you going to do now, Lamar? John Anderton: [yells] What're you going to do now, Lamar? Male Precog: How are you... John Anderton: ...going to shut me up? Male Precog: I'm sorry, John.
Dr. Iris Henimen: Sometimes, in order to see the light, you have to risk the dark.
- Three years before production began, Steven Spielberg assembled a team of sixteen future experts in Santa Monica to brainstorm out the year 2054 for him. This team included: Neil Gershenfeld, professor at the Media Lab at MIT; Shaun Jones, director of biomedical research at DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency); William Mitchell, dean of the school of architecture at MIT; Peter Calthorpe, the New Urbanism evangelist; Jaron Lanier, one of the inventors of virtual reality technology; Douglas Coupland, author and commentator; Stewart Brand, author, scientist and co-creator of The Well on-line community; Kevin Kelly, founder of Wired Magazine; Harald Belker, car designer and John Underkoffler, the science and technology advisor for the movie.
Steven Spielberg turned to Lexus for some ideas in designing a car for the future, but the bulk of the designs were done by Harald Belker, who has also designed vehicles featured in Armageddon (1998/I) and xXx (2002).
Tom Cruise began filming only days after completing work on Vanilla Sky (2001).
Cameo: [Cameron Crowe] Tom Cruise's director from Jerry Maguire (1996) and Vanilla Sky (2001) appears as a commuter on the train who looks at Anderton over the top of his newspaper and recognizes him.
Cameo: [Cameron Diaz] Tom Cruise's co-star in Vanilla Sky (2001) plays the blond woman sitting just behind director Cameron Crowe, the man who looks over at Anderton on the train.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Murder, Future, Police, Computer ...[more]
Rating: 8.7 out of 10.0 - 75 votes cast total