Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
The year is 2022, prison systems from all over the world are now run by private corporations and have become business. After being sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of his commanding officer who ordered him to wipe out innocent people. Convicted soldier John Robbins is dumped on the prison island Absolom (after he refused to execute his cell-mate and assaulted the Warden). On Absolom, convicts are put there to either survive or die. Robbins finds the prison island is inhabited by two camps, The Outsiders, tribes of savage prisoners led by the evil Walter Merrick and The Insiders, a community of prisoners living in a fortified village "The Compound" led by The Father. Robbins finds escape from Absolom is impossible, surveillance satellites monitor Absolom and gunships prevent all convicts from escaping from the prison island and The Warden has secretly put a spy on Absolom. Caught up in a feud between the two camps, Robbins is determined to escape from the prison island and finds it is his ultimate challenge as nobody has ever escaped and he agrees to help The Insiders defend "The Compound" from The Outsiders.
No guards. No walls. No escape.
Also Known As:
The Penal Colony
The Prison Colony
Title: No Escape
Release Date: April , 1994
Runtime: 118 mins
All Genres: Action, Drama, Sci-Fi
Sound: Dolby Digital
IMDB Rating: 5.7
Buried.com Rating: 6.7 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With N
MPAA Rating: R
Ray Liotta ...Capt. J.T. Robbins
Lance Henriksen ...The Father
Stuart Wilson ...Walter Marek
Kevin Dillon ...Casey
Kevin J. O'Connor ...Stephano
Don Henderson ...Killian
Ian McNeice ...King
Jack Shepherd ...Dysart
Michael Lerner ...The Warden
Ernie Hudson ...Hawkins
Russell Kiefel ...Iceman
Brian M. Logan ...Scab
Cheuk Fai Chan ...Skull
Machs Colombani ...Ratman
David Argue ...Cellmate
Stephen Shanahan ...Screaming Inmate
Dominic Bianco ...Ralph
Justin Monjo ...Technician #1
Brandon Burke ...Technician #2
Stan Kouros ...NCO
Ron Vreeken ...Biker (as Ron Vreekin)
Scott Lowe ...Skinhead
Colin Moody ...Outsider #2
Richard Carter ...Sleeping Sentry
Boris Brkic ...Hotel Guard #1
David Wenham ...Hotel Guard #2
Vic Wilson ...Military Officer
Chris Hargreaves ...Prison Guard
Jim Richards ...Executioner
Wilfred Woodrow ...Bola Thrower
» [more cast members]
Gale Anne Hurd
Michael R. Joyce
More Movie Taglines:
- No guards. No walls. No escape.
- The year is 2022. In the prison of the future escape is impossible. Survival isn't much easier.
- No walls. No guards.
- From the makers of "Aliens" and "The Terminator".
- Marek: Now, anyone who would like to disagree with me, would you please raise your right hand. [Looks around] Marek: If you've got one.
Marek: First prize is a chance to live, second prize... you really don't want to hear what the second prize is.
Marek: I could use a man like you! A position on my staff, perhaps... [gestures at the body] Marek: we appear to have an opening!
Marek: I have removed all the heads of state... [Dumps out sack full of decapitated remains] Marek: ...I really want to be in charge!
Robbins: You want it? Come and get it.
- There are strong similarities between the plot of this film and that Robert A. Heinlein's short story "Coventry". Both feature a protagonist who is a convict sent to a futuristic penal system which is actually a wilderness outland whose inhabitants have split off into two warring social factions. In the movie, the hero befriends a character known as The Father; in the short story, the protagonist befriends a man named Fader, which resembles the Dutch word "vader", which means "father".
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Prison, Island, Escape, Imprisonment, All Male Cast ...[more]
Rating: 6.7 out of 10.0 - 50 votes cast total