Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Insurance salesman Albert Tuttle arrives at the Cyrus J. Rutherford estate to sell the millionaire some life insurance. Rutherford is already dead and his heirs have gathered at the mansion to hear the reading of the will. Rutherford's will won't be read until he is properly entombed and the heirs are forced to stay on the premises or be denied their inheritance. Tuttle soon finds himself mixed up in shenanigans involving Rutherford's niece, secret passages, a missing body and murder.
A shudder a second! A laugh a minute!
Title: One Body Too Many
Release Date: November 24, 1944
Runtime: 75 mins
All Genres: Comedy, Horror, Mystery
Colors: Black and White
IMDB Rating: 5.0
Buried.com Rating: 6 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With O
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Jack Haley ...Albert Tuttle
Jean Parker ...Carol Dunlap
Bela Lugosi ...Murkil
Blanche yurka ...Matthews
Lyle Talbot ...Jim Davis
Douglas Fowley ...Henry Rutherford
Fay Helm ...Estelle Hopkins
Bernard Nedell ...Attorney Morton Gellman
Lucien Littlefield ...Kenneth Hopkins
Dorothy Granger ...Mona Rutherford
Maxine Fife ...Margaret Davis
William Edmunds ...Professor Hilton
Lyle Latell ...Manager of Atlas Detective Agency
Ralph Peters ...Insurance agent
Bob Reeves ...
William H. Pine
William C. Thomas
More Movie Taglines:
- A shudder a second! A laugh a minute!
- A Chill and Chuckle Chase
- YOU'LL DIE SCREAMING WITH...Laughter! (original print ad
- almost all caps)
- The Murder Mystery of the Season!
- [first lines] Insurance agent: [on the phone] Yeah, yeah, I know. But call me tomorrow. I gotta get outta here. [hangs up] Insurance agent: Hey, Tuttle. I got a date for you tonight. Dot's cousin just got into town and you and I... Albert Tuttle: I already have an engagement. I've had it for over a month: with Cyrus J. Rutherford.
[last lines] Matthews: Such fine coffee. Murkil: Isn't it? [we cut to a different scene] Carol Dunlap: Oh, Albert!
Murkil: Would you care for the last cup of coffee, sir? Albert Tuttle: Yes, I would. What kind of coffee is this? You know, there are two classes of coffee, Murkil. There's the percolated and there's the drip. Murkil: This is percolated. Albert Tuttle: Sorry, I'm a drip.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Insurance, Will, Millionaire, Heir, Death Threat ...[more]
Rating: 6.0 out of 10.0 - 67 votes cast total