Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
As a boy, Mark Lewis was subjected to bizarre experiments by his scientist-father, who wanted to study and record the effects of fear on the nervous system. Now grown up, both of his parents dead, Mark works by day as a focus-puller for a London movie studio. He moonlights by taking girlie pictures above a news agent's shop. But Mark has also taken up a horrifying hobby: He murders women while using a movie camera to film their dying expressions of terror. One evening, Mark meets and befriends Helen Stephens, a young woman who rents one of the rooms in his house. Does Helen represent some kind of possible redemption for Mark - or is she unknowingly running the risk of becoming one of his victims?
Years ahead of its time and still one of the most disturbing and psychologically complex horror films ever made! (DVD)
Also Known As:
Face of Fear
Title: Peeping Tom
Release Date: May 15, 1962
Runtime: 101 mins
All Genres: Crime, Drama, Horror, Thriller
IMDB Rating: 7.8
Buried.com Rating: 8.8 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With P
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Karlheinz Bohm ...Mark Lewis (as Carl Boehm)
Moira Shearer ...Vivian
Anna Massey ...Helen Stephens
Maxine Audley ...Mrs. Stephens
Brenda Bruce ...Dora
Miles Malleson ...Elderly gentleman customer
Esmond Knight ...Arthur Baden
Martin Miller ...Dr. Rosan
Michael Goodliffe ...Don Jarvis
Jack Watson ...Chief Insp. Gregg
Shirley Anne Field ...Diane Ashley
Pamela Green ...Milly, the model
John Barrard ...Small man
Keith Baxter ...Det. Baxter
John Chappell ...Clapper boy
Robert Crewdson ...Shop assistant on film set
Roland Curram ...young man in sports car
Nigel Davenport ...Det. Sgt. Miller
John Dunbar ...Police doctor
Maurice Durant ...Publicity chief
Paddy Edwards ...Girl electrician
Cornelia Frances ...Girl in sports car leaving studio
Veronica Hurst ...Miss Simpson, Jarvis' secretary
M. Le Compte ...Lover in garden
Mme. Le Compte ...Lover in garden
Bartlett Mullins ...Mr. Peters, news agent shop owner
Pete Murray ...young man embracing girl
Margaret Neale ...Mark's stepmother
Columba Powell ...Mark as a child
Michael Powell ...Mark's father, A.N. Lewis
» [more cast members]
Peeping Tom Horror Film Trailer 1
More Movie Taglines:
- Years ahead of its time and still one of the most disturbing and psychologically complex horror films ever made! (DVD)
- Stark Terror Meets Art in a Deadly Game of Cat and Mouse. (DVD)
- "Do you know what the most FRIGHTENING thing in the world is ...?"
- Terror Meets Art in a Deadly Game of Cat and Mouse
- WARNING! Don't see Peeping Tom unless you are prepared to see the screaming shock and raw terror in the faces of those marked for death!
- Can you see yourself in this picture? Can you imagine yourself facing the terror of a diabolical killer? Can you guess how you'd look? You'll live that kind of excitement, suspense, horror, when you watch "Peeping Tom".
- Don't dare tell the ending to anyone
- you'll be blamed for nightmares!
- What made this the most diabolical murder weapon ever used?
- An adventure into terror
- More Horrible Than Horror! More Terrible Than Terror!
- marked for death by Peeping Tom
- To Look Meant Danger To Smile Meant Death!
- Han fotograferede sine smukke ofre i dødsøjeblikket! [Denmark]
- Den stærkeste kriminal-gyser De nogensinde har set [Denmark]
- Mark Lewis: Do you know what the most frightening thing in the world is? It's fear.
Vivian: What would frighten me to death? Set the mood for me, Mark. Mark Lewis: Imagine... someone coming towards you... who wants to kill you... regardless of the consequences. Vivian: A madman? Mark Lewis: Yes. But he knows it - and you don't.
Mr. Peters: Got a question for you. Which magazine sells the most copies? Mark Lewis: Those with girls on the front covers and no front covers on the girls.
Mrs. Stephens: Instinct's a wonderful thing, isn't it, Mark? A pity *it* can't be photographed. If I'd listened to it years ago, I - I might have kept my sight. I wouldn't have let a man operate I had no faith in.
[first lines] [Mark approaches the prostitute, covertly filming her] Dora: It'll be two quid
- Early choices for the role of Mark included Dirk Bogarde and Laurence Harvey.
The cameras in Mark Lewis' room include director Michael Powell's first film camera, a hand operated Eyemo, made by Bell and Howell, that he won in a competition.
Director Cameo: [Michael Powell] Peeping Tom's father, seen in an old home movie he shows the girl.
In Mark Lewis' "home movies," Prof. A.N. Lewis is played by director Michael Powell, young Mark Lewis is played by Powell's real-life son, Columba Powell, and Mark's mother, seen lying lifelessly in bed, is played by Columba's real-life mother, Frankie Reidy.
Premiere voted this movie as one of "The 25 Most Dangerous Movies".
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Terror, Fear, Camera, Experiment, Movie Camera ...[more]
Rating: 8.8 out of 10.0 - 75 votes cast total