Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Mike cannot decide what is real and what isn't, and is plagued by vivid nightmares. He gets the shock of his life when he watches, with binoculars, the conclusion of the funeral of his older brother's friend--the mortician (the Tall Man), by himself, lifts the casket into the back of a hearse. Mike heads to the grounds of the mortuary, which is home to very bizarre happenings, including a unique security device. Enlisting the help of brother Jody and ice cream salesman Reggie, Mike attempts to vanquish the Tall Man.
If you're looking for horror that's got balls...IT'S FOUND YOU.
Release Date: March 28, 1979
Runtime: 88 mins
All Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi
IMDB Rating: 6.7
Buried.com Rating: 7.7 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With P
MPAA Rating: R
A. Michael Baldwin ...Michael 'Mike' Pearson (as Michael Baldwin)
Bill Thornbury ...Jody Pearson
Reggie Bannister ...Reggie
Kathy Lester ...Lady in Lavender
Terrie Kalbus ...Fortuneteller's Granddaughter
Kenneth V. Jones ...Caretaker (as Ken Jones)
Susan Harper ...Girlfriend
Lynn Eastman Rossi ...Sally (as Lynn Eastman)
David Arntzen ...Toby
Ralph Richmond ...Bartender
Bill Cone ...Tommy
Laura Mann ...Double Lavender
Mary Ellen Shaw ...Fortuneteller
Myrtle Scotton ...Maid
Angus Scrimm ...The Tall Man
Don Coscarelli ...Funeral Guest
Kate Coscarelli ...Funeral Guest
Phantasm Horror Film Trailer 1
"Sittin' Here At Midnight"
More Movie Taglines:
- If you're looking for horror that's got balls...IT'S FOUND YOU.
- This ball wants to play with you...for keeps!
- If this one doesn't scare you, you're already dead!
- Beware the ball, beware the tall man, beware the never dead.
- Where the dead are no longer that way...
- Reggie: Okay. I see it, I see it all now. What we gotta do is we gotta snag that tall dude and stomp the shit out of him, and we'll find out what the hell is going on up there. Yeah! We lay that sucker out flat and drive a stake right through his Goddamn heart! Mike: You gotta be shittin' me, man! That mother's STRONG!
Jody: Now, remember: you don't aim a gun at a man unless you intend to shoot him. And, you don't shoot a man unless you intend to kill him. No warning shots. Hey, you listening to me? No warning shots. Warning shots are bullshit. You shoot to kill, or you don't shoot at all.
The Tall Man: You play a good game boy, but the game is finished, now you die.
Jody: I just don't get off on funerals, man, they give me the creeps.
Mike: First he took mom and dad, then he took Jody, now he's after me. Reggie: Mike, that tall man of yours did not take Jody away. Jody died in a car wreck.
- The mansion used for the exterior shots of the mausoleum was also seen in the James Bond film A View to a Kill (1985).
Sequels to the Phantasm films are made in comic book form.
Don Coscarelli's and Reggie Bannister's parents can all be seen as extras in the funeral scene.
The dwarves were played by children.
The "ball" scenes were simple special effects. The sphere was being guided around a corner by a fishing line. The sphere was thrown from behind the camera by a baseball pitcher and then the shot was printed in reverse. The ball attaching itself to the man's head was filmed by sticking it on his head, then pulling it off, and printing the shot in reverse.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Tall Man, Funeral, Ice Cream Man, Fear, Young Boy ...[more]
Rating: 7.7 out of 10.0 - 73 votes cast total