Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Dutch and a team of commandos have been sent into a Central American jungle to track down some missing airmen that were kidnapped by terrorists. By the time they get to the camp, the airmen have been butchered in a very violent fashion and the commandos retaliate on the terrorists' camp. After that's over, they wait for a helicopter to pick them up, but something strange begins to happen in the woods. It isn't long before the commandos start getting killed off and Dutch and a girl from the camp, Anna, are the only people left and fighting for their lives. But what they discover is too shocking for them to imagine. What's been killing them is the Predator, an alien that hunts rare species and make his trophies out of their skulls. And human beings are the new species he has discovered.
If it bleeds, we can kill it...
Also Known As:
Release Date: June 12, 1987
Runtime: 107 mins
All Genres: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Languages: English, Spanish
Sound: 70 mm 6-Track, Dolby
IMDB Rating: 7.8
Buried.com Rating: 8.8 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With P
MPAA Rating: R
Arnold Schwarzenegger ...Dutch
Carl Weathers ...Dillon
Elpidia Carrillo ...Anna
Bill Duke ...Mac
Jesse Ventura ...Blain
Sonny Landham ...Billy
Richard Chaves ...Poncho
R.G. Armstrong ...General Phillips
Shane Black ...Hawkins
Kevin Peter Hall ...The Predator / Helicopter Pilot
Steve Boyum ...Hostage Executed by the Russian
William H. Burton ...Guerilla Soldier Shot Down from Tree
Henry Kingi ...Guerilla Soldier Blown Up in Van
Sven Ole Thorsen ...Russian Officer
Predator Horror Film Trailer 1
"LONG TALL SALLY"
More Movie Taglines:
- If it bleeds, we can kill it...
- Nothing like it has ever been on earth before.
- It came for the thrill of the hunt. It picked the wrong man to hunt.
- Soon the hunt will begin.
- Nothing like it has ever been on Earth before. It came from another planet for the thrill of the hunt. It picked the wrong man.
- In a part of the world where there are no rules, deep in the jungle where nothing that lives is safe, an elite rescue squad is being led by the ultimate warrior. But now, they're up against the ultimate enemy. Nothing like it has ever been on earth before. It kills for pleasure, it hunts for sport. But this time, it picked the wrong man to hunt.
- We cannot see it, but it sees the heat of our bodys and the heat of our fear
- In this movie, Arnold will experience every meaning of the word '' Pain ''.
- Blain: Son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick.
Poncho: Major, you'd better take a look at this. Dutch: Did you find Hawkins? Poncho: I... I can't tell.
Dutch: Hey Billy, give me a way out of this hole. Aerial says we are cut off. Billy: The only way outta here is that valley that leads to the east. But I wouldn't wish that on a broke-dick dog. Dutch: Not much choice.
Blain: Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me. Poncho: [holds up his grenade launcher] Yeah, strap this on your "sore ass", Blain.
Dutch: [Dillon is losing at arm wrestling] What's the matter? The CIA got you pushing too many pencils? Huh? Had enough? Dillon: Make it easy on yourself, Dutch. [begins to loose further] Dillon: OK, OK, OK!
- According to an interview with director John McTiernan, the "hole in the jungle" appearance of the Predator was played by Jean-Claude Van Damme in a "blue screen" (actually red) suit. Van Damme quit after two days, unhappy with being cast as an uncredited special effect. The alien was scrapped, redesigned and was eventually played by 7'2" Kevin Peter Hall.
An attempt was made to get shots of the Predator swinging from tree to tree using a monkey in a red special-effects suit. However, the monkey kept removing the suit and the idea was abandoned.
The mandibles of the predator were the idea of James Cameron.
Most of film was shot under the original title "Hunter", it was only later when the creature design was changed that the movie became "Predator". The clapperboards showing the original title can be seen in the outtakes on the special edition DVD.
The original "Hunter" model was a large creature with a long neck, a head shaped like a dog and one big eye in the middle. This can be seen on the camouflage demo's on the DVD. It was only when Stan Winston moved in that the complete design of the now "Predator" changed, along with the title.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Jungle, CIA, Alien, Predator, Helicopter ...[more]
Rating: 8.8 out of 10.0 - 72 votes cast total