Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
During the autopsy of John Kramer, the coroner finds a tape inside his stomach and calls Detective Hoffman. Meanwhile, the police find Detective Kerry dead and the SWAT Commander Rigg is absolutely traumatized with the tortured corpse of Kerry and obsessed to save Detective Eric Matthews that has been missing for six months; however Hoffman asks him to take vacations and leave the case. The FBI agents Strahm and Perez join Hoffman's team to investigate the legacy of Jigsaw. However, Rigg is abducted and forced to participate in another sick game to save Eric's life.
It's a Trap
Title: Saw IV
Release Date: October 26, 2007
Runtime: 93 mins
All Genres: Crime, Horror, Thriller
Country: USA, Canada
Sound: Dolby Digital, SDDS, DTS, DTS
IMDB Rating: 6.0
Buried.com Rating: 7 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With S
MPAA Rating: R
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated R for sequences of grisly bloody violence and torture throughout, and for language.
Darren Lynn Bousman
Tobin Bell ...Jigsaw / John
Costas Mandylor ...Hoffman
Scott Patterson ...Agent Strahm
Betsy Russell ...Jill
Lyriq Bent ...Rigg
Athena Karkanis ...Agent Perez
Justin Louis ...Art
Simon Reynolds ...Lamanna
Donnie Wahlberg ...Eric Matthews
Angus Macfadyen ...Jeff
Shawnee Smith ...Amanda (archive footage)
Bahar Soomekh ...Lynn
Dina Meyer ...Kerry
Mike Realba ...Fisk
Marty Adams ...Ivan
Sarain Boylan ...Brenda
Billy Otis ...Cecil
James Van Patten ...Dr. Heffner / Coroner (as James Van Patten)
David Boyce ...Pathologist
Kevin Rushton ...Trevor
Julian Richings ...Vagrant
Kelly Jones ...SWAT Pete
Ingrid Hart ...Tracy
Niamh Wilson ...Corbett
Janet Land ...Morgan
Ron Lea ...Rex
Joanne Boland ...Crime Scene Photographer
Zoe Heath ...Lab Technician
Bill Vibert ...young Cop
Eric Gores ...Matt
» [more cast members]
Daniel J. Heffner
Thomas H. Fenton
Saw IV Horror Film Trailer 1
Saw IV Horror Film Trailer 2
Saw IV Horror Film Trailer 3
More Movie Taglines:
- It's a Trap
- Halloween blood drive
- This Halloween give 'til it hurts
- If it's Halloween, it must be Saw
- You think it is over...but the games have just begun
- [from trailer] Jigsaw: You think it is over, but the games have just begun.
[last lines] Jigsaw: You feel you now have control, don't you? You think you will walk away untested. I promise that my work will continue. That I have ensured. By hearing this tape, some will assume that this is over, but I am still among you. You think it's over just because I am dead. It's not over. The games have just begun.
Hoffman: Game over.
Cecil: It's you! You did this to me! Jigsaw: No, you did this to yourself.
Jigsaw: It's the tool, thats going to save your soul. Cecil: I don't have a fucking soul...
- Saw IV (2007) was given the green-light before the third movie even opened. This was stated in Fangoria Magazine #257: "The synopsis, bare as it is, takes the third installment to a new budget level for Lionsgate's wildly successful franchise. Saw (2004) was made for approximately $1 million, Saw II (2005) cost $4 million and the figure for Saw III (2006), according to producer Mark Burg , has risen to $10 million. Saw III was green-lighted the morning after Saw II opened to massive box-office returns, the producer confirms, "and when they ordered Saw III, they also ordered and green-lit Saw IV."
Sent to theaters under the name "Angel Fish".
The dog that Ivan is seen hugging and kissing is director Darren Lynn Bousman's dog named Chance.
Is the first movie in the ‘Saw’ series not to be written by ‘Saw’ co-creator, Leigh Whannell.
Though producers wanted Donnie Wahlberg to reprise his role, his schedule made him unavailable and his character was not included in the original script. However, after shooting began, his schedule freed up, and the script was re-written to include his character.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Detective, Autopsy, Trap, Stomach, Corpse ...[more]
Rating: 7.0 out of 10.0 - 70 votes cast total