Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
In October 1989, a huge meteor shower destroyed most of the town of Smallville, Kansas. This event brought Jonathan and Martha Kent what they always wanted, a son they named Clark. In 2001, their son is becoming a man -he has two best friends, Pete Ross and Chloe Sullivan, and a crush on the hottest girl in school, Lana Lang, not to mention a budding friendship with future nemesis Lex Luthor. But his parents have been hiding a secret from him: they found him inside a spaceship when the meteor shower came. As he begins to develop his powers and discover more abilities that will soon transform him into Superman, Clark begins to take on his mantle as the Man of Steel.
His journey, their battle, our future.
Release Date: October 16, 2001
Runtime: 60 mins
All Genres: Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi
IMDB Rating: 7.6
Buried.com Rating: 8.6 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With S
MPAA Rating: TV-14
James L. Conway
Michael W. Watkins
Thomas J. Wright
Steven S. DeKnight
Tom Welling ...Clark Kent /
Allison Mack ...Chloe Sullivan /
Kristin Kreuk ...Lana Lang /
Michael Rosenbaum ...Lex Luthor /
John Glover ...Lionel Luthor /
Erica Durance ...Lois Lane /
Annette O'Toole ...Martha Kent /
John Schneider ...Jonathan Kent /
Justin Hartley ...Oliver Queen /
Sam Jones III ...Pete Ross (68 episodes, 2001-2008)
Cassidy Freeman ...Tess Mercer /
Aaron Ashmore ...Jimmy Olsen /
Eric Johnson ...Whitney Fordman /
Laura Vandervoort ...Kara /
Terence Stamp ...Jor-El (23 episodes, 2003-2011)
Camille Mitchell ...Sheriff Nancy Adams /
Jensen Ackles ...Jason Teague (22 episodes, 2004-2005)
Callum Blue ...Zod (22 episodes, 2009-2011)
Sam Witwer ...Davis Bloome (22 episodes, 2008-2009)
Vincent Ropion ...Zod (20 episodes, 2009-2010)
Bud the Dog ...Shelby /
Alessandro Juliani ...Dr. Emil Hamilton (14 episodes, 2009-2011)
Mitchell Kosterman ...Sheriff Ethan Miller (14 episodes, 2001-2003)
James Marsters ...Milton Fine /
Sarah Jane Redmond ...Nell Potter (12 episodes, 2001-2007)
Phil Morris ...John Jones /
Mike Dopud ...Security Guard George (10 episodes, 2006-2009)
Emmanuelle Vaugier ...Dr. Helen Bryce (9 episodes, 2002-2003)
Sharon Taylor ...Faora (7 episodes, 2009-2010)
Michael Cassidy ...Grant Gabriel (7 episodes, 2007-2008)
» [more cast members]
Smallville Horror Film Trailer 1
More Movie Taglines:
- His journey, their battle, our future.
- The new girl... friend or foe? (season 8)
- It was only a matter of time until.....Lois (season 4)
- A world in turmoil. Heroes on the rise. (season 8)
- The Final Season Begins (season 10)
- Kneel Before Zod! (season 9)
- Metropolis wants to know: Who is the Red-Blue Blur? (season 8)
- Will they be able to fight the darkness? (season 10)
- Clark's darkest hour... (season 9)
- The last daughter of Krypton... (season 7)
- Destiny is Now. (season 10)
- This season, Superman will rise. (Season 10)
- Every superhero has a beginning...
- Before he was Superman, he was just a young man with extraordinary abilities.
- Many series actors and guest stars have had roles in previous film and television versions of the Superman comic: Christopher Reeve (Dr. Virgil Swann) played Superman in Superman and its three sequels; Terence Stamp (Jor-El) played the Phantom Zone villain General Zod in Superman and Superman II; Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent) played Lana Lang in Superman III; Dean Cain (Dr. Curtis Knox) played Clark Kent in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman; Helen Slater (Lara, Clark's mother) played Kara/Supergirl in Supergirl. Marc McClure (Dax-Ur) played Jimmy Olsen in Superman, its three sequels, and Supergirl. Lynda Carter (Moira Sullivan, Chloe's mother) played Wonder Woman/Diana Prince in Wonder Woman ("Wonder Woman" is, like Superman, a DC Comics superhero). Jeannot Szwarc, who has directed 13 episodes (as of October 2010) also directed Supergirl. Margot Kidder (Bridgette Crosby) played Lois Lane in Superman and its three sequels. Teri Hatcher (Lois's mother) played Lois Lane in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
The Smallville High Student Newspaper that Clark and Chloe write for is named for Glenville High School's Student Newspaper "The Torch" which Superman creator Jerry Siegel wrote for when he was a student there.
In each episode Clark can be seen wearing any one of, or a combination of red, yellow and blue; the colours he will one day don as Superman.
Contains frequent in-joke references to the Superman mythos in various episodes.
Chloe and Whitney were created specifically for the show (they were never mentioned in the Superman comics). However, in 2003, DC Comics announced that Chloe would be introduced into the Superman comics.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Meteor Shower, Smallville, Power, Best Friend, Kansas ...[more]
Rating: 8.6 out of 10.0 - 71 votes cast total