Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
California is at the epicenter of a political and environmental disaster that threatens to destroy the world in this ambitious fusion of comedy, drama, dystopia science fiction, and music. In the year 2005, a nuclear attack wipes out part of the state of Texas, and three years later America is a virtual police state, with the government taking control of nearly every part of people's lives, supposedly for their own good. A German firm has found a way to generate energy using seawater, but both public and private concerns are desperate to prevent the new technology from being introduced in the gasoline-starved United States. A Marxist underground based on the West Coast is determined to bring down the federal government through violent revolution. In this midst of this chaos, we follow a number of stories that continually return to three principle characters. Boxer Santaros is an actor famous for his role in action films; he's trying to secure financing for a new project, but reality keeps mirroring the events in his script and he struggles to hold on to his identity following a bout with amnesia. Krysta Now is a porn star who is reinventing herself as a television pundit offering her views on politics, contemporary culture, and teenage sex. And Roland Taverner is an L.A. police officer whose identity has mysteriously split in two and he struggles to track down his other half.
Have A Nice Apocalypse
Title: Southland Tales
Release Date: September 22, 2007
Runtime: 145 mins
All Genres: Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Country: Germany, USA, France
Sound: DTS, SDDS, Dolby Digital
IMDB Rating: 5.7
Buried.com Rating: 6.7 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With S
MPAA Rating: R
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated R for language, violence, sexual material and some drug content.
Carlos Amezcua ...Himself
Curtis Armstrong ...Dr. Soberin Exx
Robert Benz ...Tab Taverner
Todd Berger ...Bing Zinneman
Dave Carlin ...News Reporter
Joe Campana ...Brandt Huntington
Chris Andrew Ciulla ...UPU 4 Officer 3 (as Chris Ciulla)
Rebekah Del Rio ...Vanessa Vera Cruz
Aaron Dillar ...Jimmy Hermosa
Nora Dunn ...Cyndi Pinziki
Shari Dunn ...USI Dent Reporter
Michele Durrett ...Starla Von Luft
Jon Falcone ...Soldier Falcon
Leila Feinstein ...Herself
Jaret Gardiner ...Shane Laverne
Janeane Garofalo ...General Teena MacArthur
Sarah Michelle Gellar ...Krysta Kapowski / Krysta Now
Beth Grant ...Dr. Inga Von Westphalen / Marion Card
Wood Harris ...Dion Element
Shannon Lee Holmes ...Todd Zinneman
Katarina Hyde ...Isabella / Interpreter (as Katarina K. Hyde)
Katherine Kendall ...Megazeppelin Waitress
Jinah Kim ...Dr. Linda Lao
Dwayne Johnson ...Boxer Santaros / Jericho Cane
Christopher Lambert ...Walter Mung
John Larroquette ...Vaughn Smallhouse
Ling Bai ...Serpentine
Jon Lovitz ...Bart Bookman
Gianna Luchini ...Deena Storm
Abbey McBride ...Sheena Gee
» [more cast members]
Ernst August Schnieder
Southland Tales Horror Film Trailer 1
"If I Could Be With You (One Hour Tonight)"
"Teen Horniness Is Not a Crime"
"All These Things That I've Done"
"Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, op. 125, Second Movement 'Molto Vivace'"
"Wave of Mutilation"
"Me And Bobby McGee"
More Movie Taglines:
- Have A Nice Apocalypse
- This is the way the world ends.
- The future Is just like you imagined.
- This is the way the world ends-Not with a whimper, but with a bang.
- Warning: you are entering a domain of chaos.
- The Internet is the Future. The Future is Just Like You Imagined.
- Boxer Santaros: My character, he realizes that the apocalyptic crime rate is because of global deceleration. The rotation of the Earth is slowing down at a rate of point zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, zero six miles per hour each day, disrupting the chemical equilibrium in the human brain, causing very irrational criminal behavior. Roland Taverner: How does he stop the global deceleration? Boxer Santaros: Oh, he can't stop it. There is no stopping wat can't be stopped. Only God can stop it. Krysta Now: But The New York Times said: "God is dead." Boxer Santaros: So in the end, I die in a very tragic downtown shootout while whispering my theory to Dr. Muriel Fox, the oceanography disaster specialist. Krysta Now: Astrophysicist! Boxer Santaros: The oceanography disaster specialist... sweetheart. My character - his name is Jericho Kane.
Starla Von Luft: The information that I have uncovered could get me killed. But it was a risk I was willing to take. The fate of the earth depends on you, Jericho.
Cyndi Pinziki: Nothing an eight ball, a porn star and a tattoo parlor can't handle.
Boxer Santaros: I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.
Martin Kefauver: Yo, dog, it says - it says "transaction denied," dog. Yo, what - what do I do? Roland Taverner: We're going to take the ATM machine with us to Mexico.
- In addition to the feature film, an expanded version of Southland Tales will be presented as a six-part interactive experience with the prequel saga to be published as three separate 90-130 page graphic novels, each written by Kelly. The graphic novels will be released over a six month period early in 2007 leading up to the film's release with the feature film comprised of the story's final three chapters. In addition, the film's official website will be one of the largest and most elaborate ever designed for a feature film. Richard Kelly describes the graphic novels as a "work in tandem with the website, creating a more epic multimedia experience for those interested in taking the plunge."
Although he always refuses such collaborations, Moby did the film's score because he was such a big Donnie Darko (2001) fan that he couldn't resist Richard Kelly's offer.
Writer/director, Richard Kelly said that the film is going to be a "strange hybrid" of the sensibilities of Andy Warhol and Philip K. Dick.
Scored the lowest reviews for the 2006 Cannes Film Festival, averaging 1.1 out of 5 in all the dailies.
After the film was bought by Sony, director Richard Kelly added special effects which cost an estimated $1 million.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Amnesia, Politics, Nuclear Attack, Beach, Dystopia ...[more]
Rating: 6.7 out of 10.0 - 70 votes cast total