The Boogie Man Will Get You (1942)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Nathaniel Billings sells his house off to a naive young woman but stays in order to continue work on his experiments of making superman out of door-to-door salesmen. Dr. Lorencz- the mayor, justice of the peace, notary, sheriff and coroner of the town- becomes interested in the experiments after trying to arrest Prof. Billings. After which the hilarity ensues.
There's fun in this new type of horror picture...fun for everybody, and everybody loads of fun! (original poster)
Title: Boogie Man Will Get You, The
Release Date: October 22, 1942
Runtime: 66 mins
All Genres: Comedy, Horror
Colors: Black and White
IMDB Rating: 5.5
Buried.com Rating: 6.5 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With B
MPAA Rating: Approved
Boris Karloff ...Prof. Nathaniel Billings
Peter Lorre ...Dr. Arthur Lorentz
Max 'Slapsie Maxie' Rosenbloom ...Maxie, the Powder Puff Salesman (as 'Slapsie'...
Larry Parks ...Bill Layden
Jeff Donnell ...Winnie Slade (as Miss Jeff Donnell)
Don Beddoe ...J. Gilbert Brampton
Maude Eburne ...Amelia Jones
Eddie Laughton ...Mr. Johnson
George McKay ...Ebenezer
Frank Mitchell ...Jo-Jo, the Human Bomb
James C. Morton ...Trooper Frank Quincy
Frank Puglia ...Silvio Bacigalupi - the Italian Escaped POW
Frank Sully ...Police Officer Starrett
Robert B. Hunt
More Movie Taglines:
- There's fun in this new type of horror picture...fun for everybody, and everybody loads of fun! (original poster)
- From HORROR To HOWLS...FROM MAYHEM TO MERRIMENT! (original poster)
- IT'S A CHILLER-DILLER OF A MAYHEM-AND-MERRIMENT SHOW! (original six-sheet poster- all caps)
- You'll be tickled to death over this gay chiller diller!
- Dr. Lorenz: And if you ever need anything, like medical attention, or fire insurance, or a marriage performed, or a loan, perhaps? I should be delighted to oblige. Winnie Slade: Doesn't anybody else do anything in Jinxville? Dr. Lorenz: Oh, they... they vote once a year.
Dr. Lorenz: Do you imagine I could take advantage, exploit, capitalize on a great scientific discovery? Cheat millions of people all the world over? Profane my profession? Suppose I make a few dollars, don't you think I wouldn't put it right back into science?
Dr. Lorenz: If he is a choreographer, then I am Pavlova.
Dr. Lorenz: It isn't in Brampton's room. That proves he did it! He's covering up!
Silvio, the Human Bomb: In this sack, I have forty kilos of dynamite, and I don't mean ravioli!
- This is the second of four film teamings of Boris Karloff and Peter Lorre, all of them comedies. Others were You'll Find Out (1940), The Raven (1963) and The Comedy of Terrors (1963).
The plot of this film has strong similarities to Arsenic and Old Lace (1944), in which both Boris Karloff and Peter Lorre were previously associated - Karloff appeared in the theatrical original (and at least three television adaptations) while Lorre co-starred in the film version.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Divorcee, Hotel, Cellar, Choreographer, Coroner ...[more]
Rating: 6.5 out of 10.0 - 53 votes cast total