Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Scientist Andre Delambre becomes obsessed with his latest creation, a matter transporter. He has varying degrees of success with it. He eventually decides to use a human subject, himself, with tragic consequences. During the transference, his atoms become merged with a fly, which was accidentally let into the machine. He winds up with the fly's head and one of it's arms and the fly winds up with Andre's head and arm. Eventually, Andre's wife, Helene discovers his secret and must make a decision whether to let him continue to live like that or to do the unthinkable and euthanize him to end his suffering.
If she looked upon the horror her husband had become... she would scream for the rest of her life!
Title: Fly, The
Release Date: July 16, 1958
Runtime: 94 mins
All Genres: Horror, Mystery, Sci-Fi
Sound: 4-Track Stereo
IMDB Rating: 7.0
Buried.com Rating: 8 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With F
MPAA Rating: Unrated
David Hedison ...Andre Delambre (as Al Hedison)
Patricia Owens ...Helene Delambre
Vincent Price ...Francois Delambre
Herbert Marshall ...Insp. Charas
Kathleen Freeman ...Emma (Delambre maid)
Betty Lou Gerson ...Nurse Andersone
Charles Herbert ...Philippe Delambre
Eugene Borden ...Dr. Ejoute
Harry Carter ...Orderly
Arthur Dulac ...French waiter
Bess Flowers ...Lady at the ballet
Torben Meyer ...Gaston
Franz Roehn ...Police doctor
Charles Tannen ...Doctor
Robert L. Lippert
The Fly Horror Film Trailer 1
More Movie Taglines:
- If she looked upon the horror her husband had become... she would scream for the rest of her life!
- Horror Of The Winged Menace !
- Terrifying! Nerve Shattering! Bloodcurdling!
- She had to kill the thing her husband had become -- But could she?
- Once it was human... even as you and I!
- The monster created by atoms gone wild
- The fly with the head of a man...! And the man with the head of a fly!
- It's the terror-topper first introduced to the public in "Playboy" Magazine!
- 100$ if you prove it can't happen!
- For your own good we urge you not to see it alone!
- Andre Delambre: Help me! Help meeee!
Andre Delambre: It'd be funny if life wasn't so sacred.
Andre Delambre: [about the cat killed by the transporter] She disintegrated perfectly, but never reappeared. Helene Delambre: Where's she gone? Andre Delambre: Into space... a stream of cat atoms... [sighs] Andre Delambre: It'd be funny if life weren't so sacred.
François Delambre: You've commited murder just as much as Helene did. You killed a fly with a human head. She killed a human with a fly head.
Insp. Charas: He put his head and his arm under the press. Why? Helene Delambre: I cannot answer that question; coffee, Inspector?
- Michael Rennie was offered the title role but declined it because his head would be covered thru most of the picture.
"The Fly" was originally a story by George Langelaan that appeared in the June 1957 issue of Playboy magazine.
The lab set cost only $28,000 and included some surplus Army equipment.
This was such a success at the box office that it became one of Fox's biggest hits of 1958.
James Clavell's first script was faithful to George Langelaan's original story, but Fox executives demanded a happier ending.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Fly, Scientist, Teleportation, Inspector, Horror Movie Remade ...[more]
Rating: 8.0 out of 10.0 - 65 votes cast total