The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
A cure is in reach for the world's most primal force of fury: THE INCREDIBLE HULK. We find scientist Bruce Banner, living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote. But the warmongers who dream of abusing his powers won't leave him alone, nor will his need to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Betty Ross. Upon returning to civilization, our brilliant doctor is ruthlessly pursued by The Abomination -- a nightmarish beast of pure adrenaline and aggression whose powers match The Hulk's own. A fight of comic-book proportions ensues as Banner must call upon the hero within to rescue New york City from total destruction. One scientist must make an agonizing final choice -- accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: THE INCREDIBLE HULK.
On June 13, get ready to unleash the beast.
Also Known As:
Title: Incredible Hulk, The
Release Date: June 08, 2008
Runtime: 112 mins
All Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
Sound: Dolby Digital, SDDS, DTS
IMDB Rating: 7.1
Buried.com Rating: 8.1 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With I
MPAA Rating: PG-13
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence, some frightening sci-fi images, and brief suggestive content.
Edward Norton ...Bruce Banner
Liv Tyler ...Betty Ross
Tim Roth ...Emil Blonsky
William Hurt ...Gen. 'Thunderbolt' Ross
Tim Blake Nelson ...Samuel Sterns
Ty Burrell ...Leonard
Christina Cabot ...Major Kathleen Sparr
Peter Mensah ...General Joe Greller
Lou Ferrigno ...The Incredible Hulk / Security Guard (voice)
Paul Soles ...Stanley
Debora Nascimento ...Martina
Greg Bryk ...Commando #1
Chris Owens ...Commando #2
Al Vrkljan ...Commando #3
Adrian Hein ...Commando #4
John MacDonald ...Commando #5
Shaun McComb ...Helicopter Soldier
Simon Wong ...Grad Student
Pedro Salvin ...Tough Guy Leader
Julio Ceasar Torres Dantas ...Tough Guy #1
Raimundo Camargo Nascimento ...Tough Guy #2
Nick Alachiotis ...Tough Guy #3
Jason Burke ...Communications Officer
Grant Nickalls ...Helicopter Pilot
Joris Jarsky ...Soldier #1
Arnold Pinnock ...Soldier #2
Tig Fong ...Cop #1
Jason Hunter ...Cop #2
Maxwell McCabe Lokos ...Cab Driver
David Collins ...Medical Technician
» [more cast members]
Gale Anne Hurd
Michael J. Malone
John G. Scotti
Jim Van Wyck
The Incredible Hulk Horror Film Trailer 1
"Over Under Around And Through"
"Main Title Theme"
More Movie Taglines:
- On June 13, get ready to unleash the beast.
- This summer, our only hope is something incredible
- This June, a hero shows his true colors
- You'll like him when he's angry.
- Gen. Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross: [leaving Betty's house after talking to Samson] Where does she meet these guys?
Bruce Banner: [in a poor Portuguese] Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry. Tough Guy Leader: [in Portuguese] What the hell he is talking about?
[last lines] Tony Stark: What would you say if I told you we're putting a team together? Gen. Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross: Who's "we"?
Betty Ross: [Betty and Bruce need to get across town in New York City] The subway is probably quickest. Bruce Banner: Me in a metal tube, deep underground with hundreds of people in the most aggressive city in the world? Betty Ross: Right. Let's get a cab.
Gen. Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross: As far as I'm concerned, that man's whole body is property of the U.S. army.
- The film joined Toronto's Green-Screen initiative, to help cut carbon emissions and waste created during filming. Hybrid and fuel-efficient vehicles were used, with low-sulphur diesel as their energy source. For constructing the sets, the production department used a sustainably-harvested locally-sourced yellow pine, instead of the commonly-used lauan, and afterwards the wood was either recycled or given to environmental organizations. Paints with no/low volatile organic compounds were used, and paint cans were handed to waste management. A contractor was on set to remove bins. Environmentally-friendly items used on the set included cloth bags, biodegradable food containers, china and silverware food utensils, recycled paper, biodegradable soap and cleaners, rechargeable batteries and stainless steel mugs (one for each production member). Producer Gale Anne Hurd hopes the film will be a symbol of the drive to encourage less pollution from film productions.
Louis Leterrier had been interested in directing Iron Man (2008), but when Jon Favreau took that project Avi Arad offered him a sequel to Hulk (2003).
William Hurt and his son are big fans of the Hulk.
Although director Louis Leterrier liked Hulk (2003), he concurred with Marvel Studios that to continue the franchise it would be better to deviate from Ang Lee's cerebral style from the first film and focus on a more action-filled tone. He also believed that in keeping with Hulk (2003)'s poetic feel, the VFX were mostly "a fluorescent-green guy who was simply flying around; he had no weight and was too smooth-looking," so he wished to make the film's VFX grittier and darker "and perhaps even a little scarier!"
The Hulk, as portrayed in this film, was created through a blend of motion capture and key frame animation (by Rhythm & Hues). Hulk (2003)'s VFX were carried out by Industrial Light & Magic, with its director Ang Lee providing motion-capture.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Hulk, Cure, Scientist, Soldier, Antidote ...[more]
Rating: 8.1 out of 10.0 - 52 votes cast total