The Last Man On Earth (1964)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Dr. Robert Morgan (Vincent Price) is the only survivor of a devastating world-wide plague due to a mysterious immunity he acquired to the bacterium while working in Central America years ago. He is all alone now...or so it seems. As night falls, plague victims begin to leave their graves, part of a hellish undead army that''s thirsting for blood...his!
By night they leave their graves, crawling, shambling, through empty streets, whimpering, pleading, begging for his blood!
Title: Last Man On Earth, The
Release Date: March 08, 1964
Runtime: 86 mins
All Genres: Horror, Sci-Fi, Drama
Languages: English, Italian
Country: USA, Italy
Colors: Black and White
IMDB Rating: 6.9
Buried.com Rating: 7.9 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With L
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Vincent Price ...Dr. Robert Morgan
Franca Bettoia ...Ruth Collins
Emma Danieli ...Virginia Morgan
Giacomo Rossi Stuart ...Ben Cortman
Umberto Raho ...Dr. Mercer (as Umberto Rau)
Christi Courtland ...Kathy Morgan
Antonio Corevi ...Governor (as Tony Corevi)
Ettore Ribotta ...TV Reporter (as Hector Ribotta)
Carolyn De Fonseca ...Ruth Collins (voice)
Rolando De Rossi ...
Giuseppe Mattei ...New People Leader
Samuel Z. Arkoff
Harold E. Knox
Robert L. Lippert
William F. Leicester
Furio M. Monetti
More Movie Taglines:
- By night they leave their graves, crawling, shambling, through empty streets, whimpering, pleading, begging for his blood!
- Do you dare to imagine what it would be like to be... the last man on earth... or the last woman?
- Alive among the lifeless... alone among the crawling creatures of evil that make the night hideous with their inhuman craving!
- Robert Morgan: You're freaks, all of you! All of you, freaks, mutations!
Robert Morgan: Your new society sounds charming.
Ben Cortman: Morgan, come out!
Virginia Morgan: [Virginia has become a vampire] Let... me... in.
Robert Morgan: They were afraid of me... they were afraid of me... they were afraid of me.
- This film was originally going to be produced by Hammer Films of Great Britain. They decided not to make it and passed the script over to their U.S. associate, Robert L. Lippert, who produced the film in Italy.
The script was written in part by Richard Matheson, but he was dissatisfied with the result and was therefore credited as Logan Swanson.
Richard Matheson felt Vincent Price was miscast as Robert Morgan.
Established by many reviewers (including director George A. Romero himself) as a graphic blueprint for Night of the Living Dead (1968).
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Plague, Night, Survivor, Garlic, Mutant ...[more]
Rating: 7.9 out of 10.0 - 68 votes cast total