The Man With Two Brains (1983)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
A scheming woman only marries for money and her latest catch is a revered brain surgeon. He is driven to distraction as she endlessly pleads a headache whenever he gets amorous - though this doesn't seem to stop her with other men. On a trip to Vienna, city of the elevator serial killer, the doctor visits a laboratory and strikes up an odd friendship with something - or someone - he finds there. The result is that as he grows increasingly suspicious of his stunning wife, he develops a meaningful - but of necessity platonic - relationship with a bottled brain.
Steve Martin Is A World Famous Surgeon. He Invented Screw Top, Zip Lock Brain Surgery. Trust Him.
Title: Man With Two Brains, The
Release Date: June 03, 1983
Runtime: 93 mins
All Genres: Comedy, Romance, Sci-Fi
IMDB Rating: 6.2
Buried.com Rating: 7.2 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With M
MPAA Rating: R
Steve Martin ...Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr
Kathleen Turner ...Dolores Benedict
David Warner ...Dr. Alfred Necessiter
Paul Benedict ...Butler
Richard Brestoff ...Dr. Pasteur
James Cromwell ...Realtor
George Furth ...Timon
Peter Hobbs ...Dr. Brandon
Earl Boen ...Dr. Felix Conrad
Bernie Hern ...Gun Seller
Francis X. McCarthy ...Olsen (as Frank McCarthy)
William Traylor ...Inspector
Randi Brooks ...Fran
Bernard Behrens ...James Gladstone
Russell Orozco ...Juan
Natividad Vacio ...Ramon (as Natividad Vacio)
David Byrd ...Desk Clerk
Adrian Ricard ...Nurse in Room
Sparky Marcus ...Bellboy
Perla Walter ...Housekeeper
Mya Stark ...Little Girl (as Mya Akerling)
Don McLeod ...Dr. Schlermie Beckerman / Gorilla
Peter Elbling ...Morgue Attendant
Kate Sarchet ...Hooker #2
Wendy Sherman ...Hooker #3
Warwick Sims ...Drunk Test Policeman
Breck Costin ...Handsome Waiter
Tom Spratley ...Minister
Estelle Reiner ...Tourist in Elevator
Art Holliday ...O.R. Attendant
» [more cast members]
William E. McEuen
David V. Picker
More Movie Taglines:
- Steve Martin Is A World Famous Surgeon. He Invented Screw Top, Zip Lock Brain Surgery. Trust Him.
- So funny you'll laugh your head off.
- DANGER: HEALTH WARNING: Watching This Movie May Cause Severe Brain Damage
- Little Girl: Sounds like a subdural hematoma to me. Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Oh, it does, does it? Well, it's not your job to diagnose. Little Girl: But I thought... Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: You thought, you thought. Just go. Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all. Well, you're still wet behind the ears. It's not a subdural hematoma. It's *epidural*. Ha.
Dolores: The Complete Poems of John Lillison, England's greatest one-armed poet. Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: He wrote 'In Dillman's Grove' and 'Pointy Birds.' O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, anoint my head, anointy-nointy.
Dolores: What are those assholes doing on the porch? Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Those aren't assholes. It's pronounced *azaleas*.
[During surgery] Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Get that cat outta here.
Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr: Ladies and gentlemen, I can envision a day when the brains of brilliant men can be kept alive in the bodies of dumb people.
- When Steve Martin gets the bottle of window cleaner from the trunk of the car, the brand name is listed on the bottle, too small and too briefly to be seen without pausing the film. If you pause it, you can see that the label says "Pane in the Glass" window cleaner.
Steve Martin drops a small note into the trunk of the car and excitedly says that he's gotten Merv Griffin's autograph. The note says, "Best Wishes, Merv Griffin", and it is indeed Griffin's actual autograph.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Brain, Medical, Transplantation, Murder, Hit By Car ...[more]
Rating: 7.2 out of 10.0 - 55 votes cast total