Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
An irrigation project in the rural bayous of Louisiana unearths Kharis the living mummy (Lon Chaney Jr.), who was buried in quicksand 25 years earlier.
ALL NEW THRILLS -- as the most dreaded curse of the ages strikes again! (Realart re-release ad)
Title: Mummy's Curse, The
Release Date: December 22, 1944
Runtime: 62 mins
All Genres: Horror
Colors: Black and White
IMDB Rating: 5.2
Buried.com Rating: 6.2 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With M
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Lon Chaney Jr. ...Kharis (as Lon Chaney)
Peter Coe ...Dr. Ilzor Zandaab
Virginia Christine ...Princess Ananka
Kay Harding ...Betty Walsh
Dennis Moore ...Dr. James Halsey
Martin Kosleck ...Ragheb
Kurt Katch ...Cajun Joe
Addison Richards ...Pat Walsh
Holmes Herbert ...Dr. Cooper
Charles Stevens ...Achilles
William Farnum ...Michael, the Sacristan
Napoleon Simpson ...Goobie
Eddie Abdo ...Pierre
Nina Bara ...young Cajun woman in Cafe
Budd Buster ...Cajun with pipe at bar
Ann Codee ...Tante Berthe
James Crane ...The Pharoah in flashback (archive footage)
Heenan Elliott ...Construction worker
Al Ferguson ...Construction worker
Herbert Heywood ...Hill
Boris Karloff ...Kharis in flashback, bandaging sequence (archive...
Jack Lorenz ...Bulldozer driver
Tony Santaro ...Ulysses
Hector Sarno ...Cajun in Cafe
Tom Tyler ...Kharis in flashback (archive footage)
Dwight V. Babcock
More Movie Taglines:
- ALL NEW THRILLS -- as the most dreaded curse of the ages strikes again! (Realart re-release ad)
- 3000 YEARS OF TERROR...BREAKING LOOSE! (Realart re-release ad
- all caps)
- Egypt's ancient loves live again in evil!
- Buried fury, stalking to life from the depths of doom!
- New Thrills! New Terror!
- Goobie: The devil's alive and he's dancing with the mummy.
Cajun Joe: I know the swamp like my finger.
Goobie: Dr. Halsey! Dr. Halsey! Dr. James Halsey: What is it, Goobie? Goobie: The mummy's alive and he's dancing with the devil.
Princess Ananka: It's as though I were two different people. Sometimes it seems as if I belong to a different world. I find myself in strange surroundings with strange people. I cannot ever seem to find rest! And now Kharis!
- The Mummy (1932) was set in 1932, the year of its release. The first sequel, The Mummy's Hand (1940) is also chronologically coherent, set in 1940. The Mummy's Tomb (1942) takes place thirty years following the events of "Hand", with The Mummy's Ghost (1944) approximately two years after that. We learn that this movie is set an additional twenty five years after "Ghost", meaning that the events take place around 1997.
The famous sequence in which Princess Ananka (Virginia Christine) rises from the dead in the swamp is slightly undercranked - a process that speeds up the action - which gives an eerie, unreal quality to her movements. The trick is given away by the overly fast movements of the branches around her.
The mask worn by Lon Chaney Jr. in this film (and preserved by Bob Burns) is the only surviving example of Jack P. Pierce's makeup.
Released on a double bill with The House of Fear (1945).
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Mummy, La Marseillaise, Monastery, Murder, Sequel ...[more]
Rating: 6.2 out of 10.0 - 69 votes cast total