Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
When the Vatican observatory priest sees the appearance of a comet, the Church is sure that it confirms the eve of the Armageddon. Meanwhile, the USA President's godson Robert Thorn is informed in the maternity in Rome by Father Spiletto that his wife Katherine has just lost her baby and she had troubles with her uterus and would not have another pregnancy. Spiletto suggests Robert that another just born child that lost his mother could be the substituted for his son, and Robert accepts the child and gives the name of Damien. Robert is promoted to ambassador in London after a tragic accident. When Damien's nanny commits suicide in his birthday party, a substitute, Mrs. Baylock, comes to work and live with the family. Along the years, Katherine realizes that Damien is evil, while Robert is contacted by Father Brennan, who tells him that Damien is the son of devil. When the priest dies in a bizarre accident, the photographer Keith Jennings shows evidences to Robert that the boy is the Antichrist. They travel to the town of Megiddo to learn how the boy can be stopped.
His Day Will Come
Also Known As:
The Omen 666
Title: Omen, The
Release Date: June 06, 2006
Runtime: 110 mins
All Genres: Horror, Thriller
Languages: English, Italian
Sound: SDDS, DTS, Dolby Digital
IMDB Rating: 5.4
Buried.com Rating: 6.4 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With O
MPAA Rating: R
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated R for disturbing violent content, graphic images and some language.
Predrag Bjelac ...Vatican Observatory Priest (as Pedja Bjelac)
Carlo Sabatini ...Cardinal Fabretti
Bohumil Svarc ...Pope
Liev Schreiber ...Robert Thorn
Giovanni Lombardo Radice ...Father Spiletto
Baby Zikova ...Damien - Newborn
Baby Morvas ...Damien - Newborn
Baby Muller ...Damien - Newborn
Baby Litera ...Damien - Newborn
Julia Stiles ...Katherine Thorn
Tomas Wooler ...Damien - 2 years Old (as Tomas Wooller)
Rafael Sallas ...Rome Embassy Marine
Marshall Cupp ...Ambassador Steven Haines
Martin Hindy ...Haines' Limo Driver (as Martin 'Mako' Hindy)
Seamus Davey Fitzpatrick ...Damien Thorn
Amy Huck ...Nanny
Vince Valitutti ...Birthday Party Photographer
David Thewlis ...Keith Jennings
Klara Low ...Mom at Birthday Party
Laurie Tallack ...Tabloid Reporter #1
MyAnna Buring ...Tabloid Reporter #2
Harvey Stephens ...Tabloid Reporter #3
Kammy Darweish ...Saudi Ambassador
Reggie Austin ...Tom Portman
Tonya Graves ...Thorn's Secretary
Pete Postlethwaite ...Father Brennan
Changa Bell ...London Embassy Guard
Janet Henfrey ...Mrs. Horton
Mia Farrow ...Mrs. Baylock
Pavel Cajzl ...Wedding Limo Driver
» [more cast members]
The Omen Horror Film Trailer 1
The Omen Horror Film Trailer 2
"Ah! Ich habe deinen Mund geküsst, Jochanaan"
"A DOCTOR, PLEASE"
More Movie Taglines:
- His Day Will Come
- From the eternal sea he rises. Creating armies on either shore. Turning man against his brother. Until man exists no more.
- The prophecy is clear. The signs are unmistakable. On the 6th day of the 6th month in the year 2006 his day will come.
- 6 + 6 + 06
- "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man; and his number is 666."- The book of revelations 13:18
- [From trailer] Father Brennan: I was at the hospital, Mr. Thorn, the night your son was born. Robert Thorn: What do you know about my son? Father Brennan: Everything.
[from trailer] Katherine Thorn: Don't let him kill me.
Robert Thorn: But what if you're wrong? Bugenhagen: I'M NOT WRONG!
Damien: Did I scare you, Mommy? I didn't mean to.
Father Brennan: From the eternal sea he rises, creating armies on either shore, turning man against his brother, until man exists no more.
- The role of Katherine Thorn was originally offered to Rachel Weisz who declined because she was pregnant at the time. Other actresses considered for the part were Laura Linney, Hope Davis and Alicia Witt, before Julia Stiles who finally got the part. 'Stiles' and Mia Farrow were both in a play together, and Stiles suggested to director John Moore that they use Farrow for the role of Mrs. Blaylock (Damien's nurse). Initially Moore didn't think that Farrow would accept the role, but Stiles convinced him she would. Eventually he just rang up Farrow at her home and offered her the part.
James Nesbitt was originally up for the role of Jennings until the director eventually went for David Thewlis.
Harvey Stephens, who portrayed Damien in The Omen (1976), appears in the film as a tabloid reporter.
The studio originally wanted the film to recieve a PG-13 rating but John Moore insisted on an R rating, suggesting people would "smell a cop out" if a remake of The Omen (1976) was to recieve a family friendly certificate.
During filming, Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick was never told that his character was supposed to be the son of the Devil; co-star Julia Stiles has commented that it was because the filmmakers thought "he was too young to understand it, but he was really obedient when John asked him for the Damien face."
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Priest, Observatory, Armageddon, The Devil, Suicide ...[more]
Rating: 6.4 out of 10.0 - 65 votes cast total