Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
It's nearing the end of the Second World War and Grace Stewart lives with her photosensitive children in a large and silent house. After her previous servants went missing, Grace accepted the offers of work from three new servants. Since these three have entered the home, strange events occur, and Grace begins to wonder if it's her sanity getting the better of her or if there is something much more in the house with them.
Sooner or later she'll see them, then everything will be different.
Also Known As:
Title: Others, The
Release Date: August 02, 2001
Runtime: 101 mins
All Genres: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
Country: USA, Spain, France, Italy
Sound: DTS, Dolby Digital, SDDS
IMDB Rating: 7.8
Buried.com Rating: 8.8 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With O
MPAA Rating: PG-13
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated PG-13 for thematic elements and frightening moments.
Nicole Kidman ...Grace Stewart
Fionnula Flanagan ...Mrs. Bertha Mills
Christopher Eccleston ...Charles Stewart
Alakina Mann ...Anne Stewart
James Bentley ...Nicholas Stewart
Eric Sykes ...Mr. Edmund Tuttle
Elaine Cassidy ...Lydia
Renee Asherson ...Old Lady
Gordon Reid ...Assistant
Keith Allen ...Mr. Marlish
Michelle Fairley ...Mrs. Marlish
Alexander Vince ...Victor Marlish
Ricardo Lopez ...Second Assistant
Aldo Grilo ...Gardener
Eduardo Chapero Jackson
Jose Luis Cuerda
Miguel Angel Gonzalez
The Others Horror Film Trailer 1
"I Only Have Eyes for You"
"Vals Opus 69 No.1 (Op. Posth.)"
More Movie Taglines:
- Sooner or later she'll see them, then everything will be different.
- Sooner Or Later They Will Find You.
- "No door is to be opened before the previous one is closed"
- How do you keep them out, when they've already invited themselves in?
- Do you believe in ghosts ? She didn't...
- Close Every Door, Turn Off Every Light, And Look For The Others
- Früher oder später finden sie dich. (Sooner or later they'll find you.)
- [Walking in the forest] Nicholas: I'm scared. Anne: Well, you shouldn't have come then. Nicholas: Say something. Anne: What shall I say? Nicholas: Anything. Anne: My name is Anne, and I'm walking. I'm walking and my name is Anne...
Mrs. Mills: Sometimes the world of the living gets mixed up with the world of the dead.
Anne: I don't believe that the Holy Spirit is a dove. Nicholas: I don't believe that either. Anne: Doves are anything but holy. Nicholas: They poo on the window.
Grace: Where's my daughter? What have you done with my daughter? Anne: Are you mad? I am your daughter.
Mrs. Mills: Sooner or later, they will find you.
- The disease the children have is an actual disease known as xeroderma pigmentosum. It is very rare with roughly a thousand people in the world that have it.
Being a Spanish co-production, this film went on after its release on September 7, 2001, to become Spain's biggest grossing domestic film of all time after less than two months of release.
Director Cameo: [Alejandro Amenábar] Appears in one of the photographs of dead people - he's the one on the right with a moustache, of the group of three men.
Cameo: [Mateo Gil] screenwriter of Alejandro Amenábar's previous film Abre los ojos (1997), as a dead man's photograph in the album.
The ghostly image appearing over Grace's shoulder resolves itself into a somber face in a painting on the wall. This image is actually a detail (specifically, a close-up of the Puritan man's face) of the 1855 Pre-Raphaelite painting "The Wounded Cavalier" by William Shakespeare Burton. The face of the painting is that of Eduardo Noriega.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Servant, Photosensitive, Mansion, Sunlight, Disease ...[more]
Rating: 8.8 out of 10.0 - 76 votes cast total