Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Luke McNamara is an over-achieving New Haven townie who has clawed his way into an Ivy League College. There, he's invited to join an elitist secret society known as The Skulls. He jumps at the chance, hoping it will help secure his acceptance into a prestigious law school. At first seduced by the club's upper-crust trappings, Luke finds himself ensnared by his own ambition when his journalist roommate commits suicide amidst cloudy circumstances. Now at the risk of his own life, he must beat The Skulls at their own game.
A secret society so powerful, it can give you everything you desire... at a price.
Title: Skulls, The
Release Date: March 27, 2000
Runtime: 106 mins
All Genres: Action, Crime, Drama, Horror, Thriller
Country: USA, Canada
Sound: DTS, Dolby Digital, SDDS
IMDB Rating: 5.3
Buried.com Rating: 6.3 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With S
MPAA Rating: PG-13
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated PG-13 for violence and brief sexuality.
Joshua Jackson ...Lucas Luke McNamara
Paul Walker ...Caleb Mandrake
Hill Harper ...Will Beckford
Leslie Bibb ...Chloe Whitfield
Christopher McDonald ...Martin Lombard
Steve Harris ...Detective Sparrow
William Petersen ...Ames Levritt
Craig T. Nelson ...Litten Mandrake
David Asman ...Jason Pitcairn
Scott Gibson ...Travis Wheeler
Nigel Bennett ...Dr. Rupert Whitney
Andrew Kraulis ...McBride
Derek Aasland ...Sullivan
Jennifer Melino ...J.J.
Noah Danby ...Hugh Mauberson
Mac Fyfe ...Laurence Thorne (as Mak Fyfe)
David Christo ...Shawn Packford
Shaw Madson ...Chad MacIntosh
Jesse Nilsson ...Kent Hodgins
Shawn Mathieson ...Jonathan Payne
Steven McCarthy ...Sweeney
Matthew G. Taylor ...Medoc (as Matt Taylor)
Henry Alessandroni ...Strain
James Finnerty ...Preppy Freshman
Cyprian Lerch ...Student in Lunch Line
Dominic Kahn ...Regatta Judge
Ken Campbell ...Starting Judge
Pedro Salvin ...Lodge Butler (as Pedro Salvin)
Derek Boyes ...Assistant District Attorney
Katherine Trowell ...Sanctuary Administrator
» [more cast members]
Fred C. Caruso
Neal H. Moritz
The Skulls Horror Film Trailer 1
"Something About a Ceiling"
"Right Here, Right Now"
More Movie Taglines:
- A secret society so powerful, it can give you everything you desire... at a price.
- Getting in is easy. Getting out is a killer.
- If a secret society can give you everything you desire, imagine what they can take away.
- Will Beckford: If it's secret and elite, it can't be good.
Senator Ames Levritt: We live by the rules, we die by the rules.
Caleb Mandrake: Where can I get some more of that shit?
Judge Litten Mandrake: Our membership has its pleasure, its hardship, and sometimes its pain.
Judge Litten Mandrake: It is time to remove Mr. McNamara. He is no longer loyal.
- Yale is never mentioned by name during the film, but there are plenty of references: - At the boat race, every team is mentioned by its school name, except for "The Bulldogs." (They're the Yale team.) - The characters wear Ys on their sports uniforms. - The Skulls are said to have "322 alumni worldwide." The Yale secret society Skull & Bones uses the number 322 as an identifier on many of its symbols. - The characters are seen celebrating at a pizza parlor they refer to as "Mory's," drinking from a big golden cup. Mory's is an actual place, and the tradition with the song and the big golden cup is accurate; however, it's a formal restaurant, not a pizza parlor, and actual Mory's cups are traditionally silver. - The new Skulls are sent to raid "Snake & Skeleton." There is a Yale secret society called "Book & Snake." - Some campus shots seem to purposefully mimic Yale buildings. There's a tower that looks a lot like Harkness Tower, and the dining hall looks like the one in Saybrook College.
The wristwatch that each new member of the Skulls is given is the Breitling Old Navitimer.
The Skull-and-Bones Society (on which this movie was based) actually gives out watches to each class of skulls, though not necessarily with the whole branding ceremony. After the movie was filmed, Joshua Jackson acquired one of the actual watches and gave it to director Rob Cohen.
At the university (actually the University of Toronto), you can see the lights for the Sutton Hotel in the background (red lettering) in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Director Cameo: ['Rob Cohen'] The professor (while Joshua Jackson's character is having a lesson at a table and his friends spy on the activities of The Skulls).
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
College, Secret Society, Fraternity, Murder, Tear Gas ...[more]
Rating: 6.3 out of 10.0 - 67 votes cast total