The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Sally Hardesty and her wheelchaired brother Franklin along with three friends travel to a cemetary where there have been grave robbings.To continue their trip, they pick a hitchiker. The hitchiker turns out to be crazy so they drop him off and proceed with the trip. They go to visit an old house where Sally and Franklins' Grandfather used to live . One follows a trail from the back of the house and that's when it all begins.
The idyllic summer's day that became a nightmare of fear and blood... [UK Video]
Also Known As:
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Title: Texas Chain Saw Massacre, The
Release Date: October 01, 1974
Runtime: 83 mins
All Genres: Horror, Thriller
IMDB Rating: 7.5
Buried.com Rating: 8.5 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With T
MPAA Rating: R
Marilyn Burns ...Sally Hardesty
Allen Danziger ...Jerry
Paul A. Partain ...Franklin Hardesty
William Vail ...Kirk
Teri McMinn ...Pam (as Teri Mcminn)
Edwin Neal ...Hitchhiker
Jim Siedow ...Old Man
Gunnar Hansen ...Leatherface
John Dugan ...Grandfather
Robert Courtin ...Window Washer
William Creamer ...Bearded Man
John Henry Faulk ...Storyteller
Jerry Green ...Cowboy
Ed Guinn ...Cattle Truck Driver
Joe Bill Hogan ...Drunk
Perry Lorenz ...Pick Up Driver
John Larroquette ...Narrator (voice)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre Horror Film Trailer 1
"FOOL FOR A BLONDE"
"DADDY'S SICK AGAIN"
"MISTY HOURS OF DAYLIGHT"
"FERIA DE LAS FLORES"
More Movie Taglines:
- The idyllic summer's day that became a nightmare of fear and blood... [UK Video]
- It Really Happened. It's Terrifying. It's Here. [Australia, Video]
- For them, an Idyllic summer afternoon became their worst nightmare! [Australian, Video]
- Nothing Cuts Like the Original! [Ultimate Edition DVD]
- Banned for over 7 years! Now finally released INTACT! UNCUT! [Australia theatrical]
- America's most bizarre crime! Brutal beyond description! Grisley beyond comprehension! [Australia theatrical]
- Who will survive and what will be left of them?
- can you survive ...it happened
- For five young friends, a typical summer afternoon drive becomes a terrifying nightmare. [DVD Cover]
- What happened is true. Now the motion picture that's just as real.
- Once you stop screaming, then you'll start talking about it.
- America's Most Bizarre and Brutal Crimes!...
- Before Halloween.... Before Friday The 13th.... Before Scream.... There Was The Saw.
- Franklin: If I have any more fun today I don't think I can take it!
Franklin: They just shoot a bolt in their head, and then retract it. It's just BOOM-shht-BOOM-shht. Sally: Franklin, I like meat. Please change the subject!
Franklin: [refering to the Hitchhiker] I think we just picked up Dracula.
Old Man: I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it.
Old Man: Those girls... those girls don't wanna go messin' round no old house!
- The actress whose character was hung up on a meat hook was actually held up by a nylon cord that went between her legs, causing a great deal of pain.
During the dinner scene towards the end of the film, when Leatherface cuts the girl's finger, he actually does cut her finger because they couldn't get the fake blood to come out of the tube behind the blade
The movie wasn't released in Australia until the early 1980s.
Director Tobe Hooper claims to have got the idea for the film while standing in the hardware section of a crowded store. While thinking of a way to get out through the crowd, he spotted the chainsaws.
When it was first released, the film was so horrifying that people actually walked out on sneak previews for it.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Grandfather, Cannibal, Chainsaw, Leatherface, Hitchhiker ...[more]
Rating: 8.5 out of 10.0 - 61 votes cast total