The Time Travelers (1964)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
In 1964, a team of scientists are trying to develop a view screen into the future. What they in fact get is a portal and they soon find themselves on the other side, 127 years into the future when the portal collapses. The Earth of the future is barren and they are soon attacked by mutated humans but rescued by a group of scientists who are building a spaceship to take them to a new planet. They learn that much of Earth was destroyed as the result of a nuclear war. When it's determined that the visitors from the past cannot be included in the planned voyage, they work furiously to rebuild the portal and return to their own time before departure day. Meanwhile, always under the threat of attack from the mutants , friendships are formed and they learn of life in the future including the use of robots for menial tasks.
Step Through "The Time Portal"
Title: Time Travelers, The
Release Date: October 29, 1964
Runtime: 82 mins
All Genres: Action, Horror, Romance, Sci-Fi
IMDB Rating: 5.6
Buried.com Rating: 6.6 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With T
MPAA Rating: 12
Preston Foster ...Dr. Erik von Steiner
Philip Carey ...Dr. Steve Connors
Merry Anders ...Carol White
John Hoyt ...Dr. Varno
Dennis Patrick ...Councilman Willard
Joan Woodbury ...Gadra
Delores Wells ...Reena (Danny's girl)
Steve Franken ...Danny McKee, the Electrician
Berry Kroeger ...Preston
Gloria Leslie ...Councilwoman
Mollie Glessing ...Android (as Molly Glessing)
Peter Strudwick ...The Mutant
J. Edward McKinley ...Raymond
Margaret Seldeen ...Miss Hollister
Forrest J Ackerman ...Square-frame technician
Wayne Anderson ...Android
Samuel Z. Arkoff
David L. Hewitt
More Movie Taglines:
- Step Through "The Time Portal"
- Step Through "The Time Portal" beyond the crack in Space and Time where the fantastic world of the Future will freeze your blood with its weird horrors!
- SEE women who use the Love Machine to allay the male shortage!
- You are in the Future before it happens!
- Producer Ray Dorn "borrowed" much of this movie for his own movie Journey to the Center of Time (1967). Irwin Allen also borrowed much of the concept for his TV series "The Time Tunnel" (1966). Director Ib Melchior declined to make waves so that he would continue getting work in Hollywood.
His cameo appearance became the first genre film appearance for Forrest J Ackerman. This led to another facet of his career in which he would make numerous cameo appearances, and even do bit parts, in films for more than 40 years.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Portal, Mutant, Time Travel, Android, Post Apocalyptic ...[more]
Rating: 6.6 out of 10.0 - 52 votes cast total