Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
The twisted Richard III is haunted by the ghosts of those he has murdered in his attempt to become the King of England.
Do you have the courage to spend 83 minutes in the Tower of London?
Title: Tower Of London
Release Date: October 24, 1962
Runtime: 79 mins
All Genres: Drama, History, Horror
Colors: Black and White
IMDB Rating: 6.1
Buried.com Rating: 7.1 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With T
MPAA Rating: Approved
Vincent Price ...Richard of Gloucester
Michael Pate ...Sir Ratcliffe
Joan Freeman ...Lady Margaret
Robert Brown ...Sir Justin
Bruce Gordon ...Earl of Buckingham
Joan Camden ...Anne
Richard Hale ...Tyrus
Sandra Knight ...Mistress Shore
Charles Macaulay ...Clarence
Justice Watson ...Edward IV
Sarah Selby ...Queen
Donald Losby ...Prince Richard
Sara Taft ...Richard's mother
Eugene Martin ...Edward V
Morris Ankrum ...The Archbishop
Paul Frees ...Opening Narrator (voice)
Gene Roth ...The Tailor
F. Amos Powell
F. Amos Powell
Robert E. Kent
More Movie Taglines:
- Do you have the courage to spend 83 minutes in the Tower of London?
- Mother England meets Father Terror!
- Half Man...Half Demon... He Turned a Nation into a Chamber of Horrors!
- Don't come alone
- You'll need someone to hang onto when you come face to face with the blood-chilling terrors in the tower!
- Richard's mother: I brought this curse upon this house when my womb concieved you... Better I should have died in my labor... and never unleashed your evil... upon this Earth. Richard of Gloucester: You talk of evil... You, who gave me deformity in form of a twisted spine and a withered, arm. Who possesses the greater evil my mother? You who made me this way, or I who have to bare it!
Richard of Gloucester: Mistress Shore is dead... As Protector of the Realm, I can not tolerate treachery to the Crown... Mistress Shore has been executed for such treachery. Queen: There was no more faithful woman in the castle. Richard of Gloucester: I had always thought that myself your Majesty, but when she admitted her crime, I had no choice.
Queen: You have executed a most trusted woman of this court without trial. You say that your motives are honorable? Those that suspect treason in others, should first look into their own hearts for loyalty.
- The Battle of Bosworth is made up of stock footage from the original Universal version of Tower of London (1939).
This feature was planned for filming in color. On the Thursday before the Monday start of principle photography, uncredited executive producer Edward Small informed producer Gene Corman that it was going to be shot in black and white.
According to producer Gene Corman, he and his brother, director Roger Corman, considered leaving the production several times due to the cost cutting measures forced on them by uncredited executive producer Edward Small.
The original tag line "Do you have the courage to spend 83 minutes in the Tower of London?" was slightly off, since the film's running time was only 79 minutes.
Vincent Price appeared as the Duke of Clarence in the Universal Pictures version of the film.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
England, Ghost, King Edward VI, Suffocation, Throne ...[more]
Rating: 7.1 out of 10.0 - 72 votes cast total