Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
In the near future, after an unspecified holocaust, survivors are herded into prison camps. There, they are hunted for sport by the leaders of the camp. Paul, one of the newest prisoners, is determined not to go down as quietly as the others.
Hunting is the national sport...and people are the prey!
Also Known As:
Title: Turkey Shoot
Release Date: October , 1983
Runtime: 93 mins
All Genres: Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller
IMDB Rating: 5.5
Buried.com Rating: 6.5 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With T
MPAA Rating: R
Brian Trenchard Smith
Steve Railsback ...Paul Anders
Olivia Hussey ...Chris Walters
Michael Craig ...Charles Thatcher
Carmen Duncan ...Jennifer
Noel Ferrier ...Secretary Mallory
Lynda Stoner ...Rita Daniels
Roger Ward ...Chief Guard Ritter
Michael Petrovitch ...Tito
Gus Mercurio ...Red
John Ley ...Dodge
Bill young ...Griff
Steve Rackman ...Alph
John Godden ...Andy
Oriana Panozzo ...Melinda
Brian W. Cook
Antony I. Ginnane
Neill D. Hicks
More Movie Taglines:
- Hunting is the national sport...and people are the prey!
- Controversial! Violent! The film that shocked Australian critics and broke Box Office records in London!
- Experience The Year 2000...And Hope To Hell You Can Escape!
- The day the future had to be stopped.
- Charles Thatcher: One of you has been foolish enough to try to leave us before his re-education was completed. In my view this is treason, and will be treated as such. You will remember our motto: 'Freedom is obedience, obedience is work, work is life'. Well, now understand once and for all that the reverse is also true, 'Disobedience is treason, treason is a crime, crime will be punished!'
- Michael Craig says in his memoirs that Steve Railsback method acting annoyed him greatly.
Lynda Stoner was apparently very demanding on the set. Due to her strong animal beliefs (she is a long term campaigner of numerous animal right causes), she refused to cut open an actual dead fish in one scene, forcing the special effects department to jerry-rig together a fake one as fast as possible for the scene. Additionally, she also refused to do a nude scene, but after a long discussion with director Brian Trenchard-Smith, she compromised to partially appearing nude (backside shot).
Olivia Hussey, apparently a shy girl on set, almost accidentally cut off Roger Ward's hands in one scene. When the director yelled cut, she took the order the wrong way during the scene and Ward just pulled his hands out of the way in the nick of time.
The film lost about $700,000 of it's $3,200,000 budget two weeks before production began when a major investor backed out at the last minute.
Due to budget constraints the first 15 pages of the initial script were removed as well as a 4 page helicopter chase scene. The shooting schedule was reduced from 44 to 30 working days.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Survival, Future, Society, Prisoner, Most Dangerous Game ...[more]
Rating: 6.5 out of 10.0 - 52 votes cast total