Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964)
Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
It's 1965 and the residents of Pleasant Valley, Georgia are celebrating their centennial and they divert six tourists to their town. There, the unsuspecting six are treated as guests of honor but in fact will soon be the victims. The centennial the town is celebrating is its own destruction at the hands by a group of Union soldiers during the Civil War and their goal is revenge. One by one, they kill their guests of honor until only two remain. They flee but can't quite convince the police to help them.
An Entire Town Bathed In Pulsing Human Blood! Madmen Crazed For Carnage!
Also Known As:
Title: Two Thousand Maniacs!
Release Date: March 20, 1964
Runtime: 87 mins
All Genres: Horror
IMDB Rating: 5.7
Buried.com Rating: 6.7 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With T
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Herschell Gordon Lewis
Connie Mason ...Terry Adams
William Kerwin ...Tom White (as Thomas Wood)
Jeffrey Allen ...Mayor Buckman
Shelby Livingston ...Bea Miller
Ben Moore ...Lester MacDonald
Jerome Eden ...John Miller
Gary Bakeman ...Rufus 'Rufe' Tate
Mark Douglas ...Harper Alexander
Linda Cochran ...Betsy
yvonne Gilbert ...Beverly Wells
Michael Korb ...David Wells
Vincent Santo ...Billy
Andy Wilson ...Policeman
Candi Conder ...Switchboard Operator
The Pleasant Valley Boys ...Bluegrass musicians
Paul Champion ...Banjo player
Charles Glore ...Guitar player
David F. Friedman
Herschell Gordon Lewis
"Roll In My Sweet Baby's Arms"
"Old Joe Clark"
More Movie Taglines:
- An Entire Town Bathed In Pulsing Human Blood! Madmen Crazed For Carnage!
- Brutal... Evil... Ghastly Beyond Belief!
- Gruesomely Stained In Blood Color!
- A town of madmen crazed for carnage!
- The Most Diabolical Device Ever Contrived... Designed Solely for Carnage by a Town of Madmen Crazed with BLOOD LUST!
- Tom White: Has it occurred to you that nobody has told us what this centennial is all about? Now, this is 1965, and a hundred years ago it was 1865, right? So, what happened in 1865? Terry Adams: It was the ending of Civil War. The war between states! Tom White: Well then you tell me why would a southern town want northerners as guests of honor at the centennial. It must has something to do with what happened a hundred years ago. So, something is very wrong with this town.
[Upon finding the plaque that explains the town was attacked by Union Soldiers during the Civil War] Terry Adams: What does it mean? Tom White: It means this centennial is a centennial of blood vengeance! It means... It means we're here to be killed!
Tom White: Look, officer, I don't know how to convince you of this, but... we're not crazy! Policeman: Mister, I didn't say you was crazy. Nothing like that, I just think it's mighty peculiar!
Rufus Tate: We got us some good 'uns! Dogged if we don't!
- The plot of this gore film was inspired by the musical Brigadoon (1954).
This film was reportedly shot in an area of Florida that is now occupied by Walt Disney World.
Director Herschell Gordon Lewis novelized his screenplay into a tie-in book, the original edition of which is now in high demand by collectors
Many of the buildings from this movie still exist in downtown St. Cloud, FL.
Filmed in 14 days.
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Centennial, Revenge, Celebration, Civil War, Yankee ...[more]
Rating: 6.7 out of 10.0 - 66 votes cast total