Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
It is the late 1980's. At a high school dance, young nerdish-looking Jeremy Melton is spurned & insulted by every girl he asks to dance, except one named Dorothy. Later they start making out under the bleachers until a group of bullies discover them, and Dorothy says Jeremy attacked her. The boys further humiliate Jeremy by violently assaulting him & pulling off his clothes. About 12 years later, those same girls are in their twenties and enjoying the dating scene. But Jeremy has mysteriously disappeared. After one of the girls, Shelley has a date with an arrogant loser, she is savagely murdered in her medical school's anatomy lab by a tall, sinister man dressed in a dark coat and wearing a cherub mask. Just before her death, Shelley received a threatening Valentine's Day card. The other girls soon start receiving similar cards shortly after, and one at a time, they start dying violently. When police inform them that Jeremy Melton has not been seen or heard from for many years, Dorothy speculates that he may have had plastic surgery and worked out to change his appearance. Kate has recently found herself a new boyfriend but Dorothy suspects he may in fact be Jeremy, using his new look to get close to the girls who spurned him so many years before...and seeking revenge...
Also Known As:
Release Date: February 01, 2001
Runtime: 96 mins
All Genres: Horror, Thriller
Sound: DTS, Dolby Digital, SDDS
IMDB Rating: 4.3
Buried.com Rating: 5.3 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With V
MPAA Rating: R
MPAA Rating Reason:
Rated R for strong horror violence, some sexuality and language.
Denise Richards ...Paige Prescott
David Boreanaz ...Adam Carr
Marley Shelton ...Kate Davies
Jessica Capshaw ...Dorothy Wheeler
Jessica Cauffiel ...Lily Voight
Katherine Heigl ...Shelley Fisher
Hedy Burress ...Ruthie Walker
Fulvio Cecere ...Detective Leon Vaughn
Daniel Cosgrove ...Campbell Morris
Johnny Whitworth ...Max Raimi
Woody Jeffreys ...Brian
Adam Harrington ...Jason Marquette
Claude Duhamel ...Gary Taylor
Wyatt Page ...Evan Wheeler
Benita Ha ...Kim Wheeler
Paul Magel ...Lance
Haig Sutherland ...Bookish Guy
Adrian Holmes ...Banker
Ty Olsson ...Jock
Daniel Boileau ...Shy Guy
G. Patrick Currie ...Religious Guy
Jo Ann Fernandes ...Maid
Alex Diakun ...Pastor
Karina Carreck ...Gallery Employee
Aaron Dudley ...Video Man #1
Dalias Blake ...Video Man #2
Chris Webb ...Video Man #3
Basia Antos ...Video Woman #1
Carla Boudreau ...Video Woman #2
Vanessa Volker ...Video Woman #3
» [more cast members]
Gretchen J. Berg
Valentine Horror Film Trailer 1
"Superbeast (Porno Holocaust Mix)"
"God Of The Mind"
"Love Dump (Mephisto Odyssey's Voodoo Dub)"
"Pushing Me Away"
"Smartbomb (BT Mix)"
More Movie Taglines:
- Love Hurts.
- Remember that kid everyone ignored on Valentine's Day?
- He remembers you.
- Falling in love has never hurt so bad.
- This February, Hearts Don't Just Break. They Get Even.
- Scared to be alone on Valentine's Day? You should be.
- Fall in love with terror this weekend.
- Revenge is sweet.
- Someone's going to give them a Valentine's Day to die for.
- 1... 2... 3... Are you ready to die?
- This Valentine's Day is gonna be killer!
- A Valentine's Day Like No Other
- Be my Valentine... or else!
- Revenge is sweeter than candy.
- Roses are red, and so is blood. Candy is sweet, and so is revenge.
- Don't get mad. Get even.
- Meet the devil February 2.
- Dorothy Wheeler: Excuse me, who are you? Ruthie: That's none of your business. Campbell Morris: Don't worry, she's nobody. Ruthie: Yeah, I'm nobody. I'm just the idiot who's still waiting for a return on my Internet investment. [to Campbell Morris] Ruthie: What did you call it? Bleed-Me-Dry.com?
Paige Prescott: Does somebody wanna be my Valentine?
Dorothy Wheeler: When you are old enough to rent a car, we can talk about your role as my stepmother.
Kate Davies: He's no angel, but he's not a killer.
[to Lily Voight] Max Raimi: What's the problem? Lily Voight: The problem is that you turned out to be a cheap, hypocritical sleazeball! Max Raimi: Yeah, but you knew that. So... does this mean you're not gonna be my Valentine?
- In one scene, Kat tells Dorothy that her boyfriend, Adam Carr (David Boreanaz), is 'no angel'. This is, of course, referring to Boreanaz's hit TV series, "Angel" (1999).
In the original cast, Tara Reid who also starred in Jamie Blanks's first film, Urban Legend (1998), was to play Dorothy Wheeler.
This project originally began at Artisan Entertainment with producer Dylan Sellers with a different director and cast members, one of them including Tara Reid.
Hedy Burress, (Ruthie) originally auditioned for _Jessica Capshaw's role of Dorothy. Jessica Cauffiel originally auditioned for Denise Richards's role of Paige.
During the original casting process, Tara Reid played "Dorothy Wheeler' (now played by Jessica Capshaw) and Jennifer Love Hewitt played "Paige Prescott" (now played by Denise Richards).
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Valentine, Dance, Revenge, Rejection ...[more]
Rating: 5.3 out of 10.0 - 71 votes cast total