Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
The Americans and Russians each have a two-person base on the Moon The Americans have had to keep replacing their astronaut teams because they quickly go crazy; they have been using only male astronauts on the unspoken assumption that this would avoid any possibility of impropriety. The Russians, as godless Communists, are under no such constraints, and their male-female team has remained well-adjusted At the start of the film, a male and female American astronaut team is sent up to replace the sex-starved all-male team. The government insists on them being married first to preserve morality. Most of the story revolves around the eventual consummation of this marriage of convenience, and around their relationship with their Russian neighbors, who keep casually dropping by.
Once Upon A Time In 1989, The Americans And The Russian Went To The Moon
Title: Way... Way Out
Release Date: October 26, 1966
Runtime: 101 mins
All Genres: Comedy, Sci-Fi
IMDB Rating: 5.0
Buried.com Rating: 6 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With W
MPAA Rating: 11
Jerry Lewis ...Pete Mattemore
Connie Stevens ...Eileen Forbes
Robert Morley ...Harold Quonset
Dennis Weaver ...Hoffman
Howard Morris ...Schmidlap
Brian Keith ...Gen. 'Howling Bull' Hallenby
Dick Shawn ...Igor Valkleinokov
Anita Ekberg ...Anna Soblova
William O'Connell ...Ponsonby
Bobo Lewis ...Esther Davenport
Sig Ruman ...Russian Delegate
Milton Frome ...American Delegate
Alexander D'Arcy ...Deuce Hawkins (as Alex D'Arcy)
Linda Harrison ...Peggy
James Brolin ...Ted Robertson
Michael Jackson ...Roger Carlyle, BBC TV Announcer
Colonel John 'Shorty' Powers ...Narrator (voice)
Ben Astar ...Russian Premier Roskov
James Bacon ...Reporter
Fritz Feld ...Breckinridge, the Maitre d'
Jean Marie Ingels ...Waitress
Boris Karloff ...Frankenstein Monster - Film clip on television...
Kenner G. Kemp ...Naval Officer at Space Launch
Margaret Teele ...Stella Mary
Arthur Tovey ...Reporter / Air Force Officer at Space Launch
"Way... Way Out"
More Movie Taglines:
- Once Upon A Time In 1989, The Americans And The Russian Went To The Moon
- By Gemini, here's the wildest crew on Earth, Saturn, Mars, Moon etc.
- The Space Race gets Racier when . . .
- [First lines] Narrator: This is Colonel John "Shorty" Powers in Lunar Launch Control. This story takes place near the turn of the century -not the last century, the *next* century. Nothing very much has happened since the 1960's: There as still a United Nations, and peace in the world... or at least what we have come to accept as "peace".
Ponsonby: I'm afraid the fertilizer has hit the ventilator sir!
- Title song "Way...way out" performed by Jerry Lewis' son Gary Lewis (and his band The Playboys.)
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Astronaut, Marriage Of Convenience, Fight, Faked Pregnancy, Low Gravity ...[more]
Rating: 6.0 out of 10.0 - 61 votes cast total