Horror Movies & Sci-Fi Movies Database
Four astronauts returning from mankind's first mission to Mars enter a time warp and crash on a 26th Century Earth devastated by atomic war. Our heroes meet with hideous mutant cavemen, giant spiders, love-struck beauties in short dresses, and jealous old geezers in sparkly skullcaps as they struggle to save humanity and build a new world.
CinemaScope's First Science-Fiction Thriller Hurls You into the Year 2508!
Title: World Without End
Release Date: March 25, 1956
Runtime: 80 mins
All Genres: Adventure, Romance, Sci-Fi
Sound: Mono, Perspecta Stereo
IMDB Rating: 5.9
Buried.com Rating: 6.9 - (Rate This Horror Movie at Buried.com)
Category: Horror Movies Starting With W
MPAA Rating: Unrated
Hugh Marlowe ...John Borden
Nancy Gates ...Garnet
Nelson Leigh ...Dr. Eldon Galbraithe
Rod Taylor ...Herbert Ellis
Shirley Patterson ...Elaine (as Shawn Smith)
Lisa Montell ...Deena
Christopher Dark ...Henry 'Hank' Jaffe
Booth Colman ...Mories
Everett Glass ...Timmek
Stanley Fraser ...Elda
David Alpert ...Public Relations Officer
John Bleifer ...Jule
Paul Brinegar ...Vida
John Close ...Reporter
Walter Conrad ...Reporter
Hugh Corcoran ...Jaffe's Son
Bill Forman ...Radio Announcer
Michael Garth ...Military Officer
Mimi Gibson ...Ginny Jaffe
John Hiestand ...TV Newscaster
Nancy Howard ...Mrs. Jaffe
Don Kennedy ...Reporter
Rankin Mansfield ...Beryl
Strother Martin ...Nihka
Keith Richards ...Slave
Mickey Simpson ...Naga
William Vedder ...James
Herb Vigran ...Reporter
Richard V. Heermance
More Movie Taglines:
- CinemaScope's First Science-Fiction Thriller Hurls You into the Year 2508!
- Thru the Time Barrier, 552 years Ahead... Roaring To the Far Reaches of Titanic Terror, Crash-Landing Into the Nightmare Future!
- THE 26TH CENTURY! Sub-Human Monsters... Mammoth Tiger Spiders... Mole-Tunnel Cities... Futurific Women... in the Screen's Mighty Science-Shocker!
- Timmek, President of the Council: Armageddon. The slaughter of humanity. An atomic war no one wanted, but which no one had the wisdom to avoid.
Deena: Naga! Oomay mah luke!
Mories: Our women seem to have lagged behind in their evolution into reasonable creatures. They actually admire these reckless and brutal men.
Garnet: Is she as beautiful as the women in your world?
Elaine: [admiring Herbert Ellis's pecs] My, you are so much more muscular than our men.
- This film was produced directly by Allied Artists (formerly Monogram). It was made in hopes of shedding their "poverty row" image. It was given a larger budget and shot in color and Cinemascope and ran a full reel longer than their usual 60-70 minute fare. Allied Artists was able to book it under percentage contracts rather than flat rates.
Just four years later, one of the stars of this, Rod Taylor, would star in George Pal's The Time Machine (1960). Based on the novel by H.G. Wells, this would be Rod's second foray through time in his storied career.
Released on a double bill with Indestructible Man (1956).
» User Comments at imdb.com
» More information at imdb.com
Giant Spider, Mutant, 26th Century, Astronaut, Mars ...[more]
Rating: 6.9 out of 10.0 - 57 votes cast total